British Speedway Forum

Ipswich Witches 2025

Aries

It appears that the Doyle deal is done.

I’m not convinced Emil will be back appears to be a choice between the UK & Sweden. I think that will come down to what works best for him & his family. The only thought I have is will he decide that there is unfinished business & commit to a 3rd season as a Witch. I really hope that we see the third instalment of the Jason & Emil show.

I’d certainly have Rew & Thompson back & if the points allow also Ellis. Jenkins was also showing some good form before his injury so I guess he is a possibility . The rider that they need to nail down early is Brennan massive improvement to come next year & a real racer.

Edited by cowboy cookie returns?

What I think will happen (Playing favourites rather than seeing the light) I also don't think Torun will allow Emil to ride in the UK, They basically saved his career when politics came into play so Emil will do whatever he's told to do now imo.

1. Doyle

2. Rew

3. King

4. Ellis

5. Musielak

6. D. Thompson

7. (RS)

Mine would be similar to others

Doyle (Captain)

Rew

Ellis

Brennan

Musielak

Dan Thompson

Rising Star

I don’t think there’s any doubt those at the club want Brennan. Louis is a fan and has been for a few years and very nearly signed him last winter. And Hawkins dropped enough hints yesterday that he’d be a rider they’d like in the team. If he doesn’t end up at Foxhall that will be because he’s already committed to Birmingham next year. 

I’m more convinced on Musielak if as expected Emil doesn’t return here. Wanted the Ipswich move this year but couldn’t be fitted in. As disappointing as losing Emil would be, when one door closes another opens and you have to take the positives out of it. Musielak goes very well around Foxhall and comes in almost a point lower than Emil which can be used to strengthen other areas of the team.  

Doyle, Rew, Thompson and one of Emil/Tobi (depending on Emil’s availability) should be the first names on the team sheet. I’d love to see Brennan at foxhall and I’d have Ellis back if  Emil comes back. However he will likely be the one to miss out if we get Tobi and have a few more points to play with.

For the sake of his Ipswich legacy not being tarnished and for his own benefit King needs a change of scenery.

Edited by ThinBlueWitch
  • Like 2

On 9/13/2024 at 9:47 PM, StarBoy said:

I see this as the Ipswich team. It fits if the points limit remains at 40.0. If decreasing to 39.0 replace Tarasenko with Ellis

1. Jason Doyle - 9.36

2. Keynan Rew - 5.79

3. Vadim Tarasenko - 6.77

4. Tom Brennan - 6.67 (6.50)

5. Tobiasz Musielak - 8.21

6. Dan Thompson - 3.11

I wouldn't trust Tarasenko to turn up every week, probably not Musielak either.

On 9/13/2024 at 10:28 PM, Falcon1983 said:

1. Doyle

2. Blodorn 

3. King

4. Ellis

5. Brennan

6. Rew

7. D. Thompson 

Personally think rising star slot will go next season

I really hope it doesn't, plus the timing we be very odd. With Poland forcing their muscles and more riders missing fixtures, you'd think they'd want more Brits in teams & especially avoid riders who race on Thursdays in Poland.

11 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I really hope it doesn't, plus the timing we be very odd. With Poland forcing their muscles and more riders missing fixtures, you'd think they'd want more Brits in teams & especially avoid riders who race on Thursdays in Poland.

I think we’d be more likely to get a requirement for both reserve births to go British “rising stars” than to lose it all together.

58 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I wouldn't trust Tarasenko to turn up every week, probably not Musielak either.

I think Musielak is pretty much a guarantee for Ipswich. Emil won’t return and that is a big void to fill and Musielak kind of fits the bill perfectly for them. I think he wants to do UK, just for whatever reason it didn’t work out at Lynn. 

The more I think about it maybe Tarasenko is unlikely. Ipswich would do well to go for Freddie Jakobsen - on his his last 2 visits to Foxhall he scored 13 and 7+2 and would come in on a bargain 5.71

I’d prefer kvech to tarasenko, Doyle and Dan Thompson are musts, rew high on my list too as he progressed well this year and more improvement in him. Would like to see Brennan a full time with and Ellis has done enough to back too all depends on emil really

if no emil then maybe

doyle

rew

brennan

ellis

kvech

dan t 

and see what we’ve got left, if emil’s coming back which I hope he is then obviously won’t be able to fit them all in, as others have said I’d be very happy with musielak 

hard to put teams together before we know the team building structure and points limit - ie is the rising star program continuing and is Dan eligible or not, is Jenkins or not etc

Edited by 89buttons

Being honest wouldn't have a problem with them all back - I think in many ways we all know a fully fit Witches would in all probability have made it to the finals this season. Most of the riders have for me done their jobs for most of the season a couple of frustrations remain but for next year - i think Brennan if they could get him in that would be great.

Doyle of course and Emil again be great but lets see!

Dan T deserves and other go and Keynan Rew could make it a third season of progression - he's done well this season for me. Adam is a decent no 2 or 4 also. I still don't have an issue with Danny he has largely done whats asked but I feel Tom B for him might freshen it up and bring in a rider on the up rather than one who is nearing the end of his career.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Being honest wouldn't have a problem with them all back - I think in many ways we all know a fully fit Witches would in all probability have made it to the finals this season. Most of the riders have for me done their jobs for most of the season a couple of frustrations remain but for next year - i think Brennan if they could get him in that would be great.

Doyle of course and Emil again be great but lets see!

Dan T deserves and other go and Keynan Rew could make it a third season of progression - he's done well this season for me. Adam is a decent no 2 or 4 also. I still don't have an issue with Danny he has largely done whats asked but I feel Tom B for him might freshen it up and bring in a rider on the up rather than one who is nearing the end of his career.

ipswich did make to the finals !!!

18 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

i mean grand final

maybe ? a question that can never be answered tho ?  if but's maybe's ? sport throws up all types of senarios ? everyone writing Aces off tonight for instance but when we click into gear at home we can get 50+ against anyone and tonight it's possible everyone needs a slice of luck along the way to winning play/offs tonight will be a spectacle for TV perfect weather here today warm sunny 18 degrees track will be in perfection condition !! 

Edited by AceBelle

On 9/14/2024 at 7:44 PM, ThinBlueWitch said:

Doyle, Rew, Thompson and one of Emil/Tobi (depending on Emil’s availability) should be the first names on the team sheet. I’d love to see Brennan at foxhall and I’d have Ellis back if  Emil comes back. However he will likely be the one to miss out if we get Tobi and have a few more points to play with.

For the sake of his Ipswich legacy not being tarnished and for his own benefit King needs a change of scenery.

Can't see King going unless Hawkins goes, they have been joined at the hip for years.