British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2025 ?.

2 hours ago, Roundthebend said:

Loyalty can go out of the window if big bucks is offered

Even if the money was the same perhaps being in the same team as Doyle and Sayfutinov would be tempting.  
two truly world class riders who are happy to help their team mates.  I know Dan Thompson has really benefited from being in the same team. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 9:48 AM, HGould said:

At face value that's about as positive a statement of intent re the Dogs as we could have hoped for.

The use if the word "in" re September is far clearer than "by September" I guess.

I'm a bit surprised, though happy, that it will take so long to transition.

I think the one UNKNOWN is whether Dogs will run a FULL schedule to September or taper off during the summer as the owners wont want to have the scenario of far fewer Dog Meets they would want Full Schedule.

At least NT can go to the BSPL and declare a season to "September" is possible.

BSPL may be wary of a scenario like Lakeside > Rye House but at a push I suppoe IF it closed with Brummies having an outstanding final to race either Owners would allow it or we could use ahem...Leicester  - we can but dream of Finals!

Over to Nigel T I guess!  

Good summary 

6 hours ago, *JJ said:

Someone on this forum was retailing a rumour that he had made a verbal agreement to return to the Brummies next year (verbal agreements are notoriously not worth the paper they are written on, but it was probably verbal because it was not totally confirmed that Perry Barr will be available); but I really hope that this is true. He was riding for Ipswich because they had a couple of extra matches in the play-offs.

“ Verbal agreements not worth the paper they’re written on” That’s a new one on me.  😂

• Haha 4