British Speedway Forum

Birmingham Brummies 2025 ?.

Here is a short excerpt from a retirement announcement by the ARC Greyhound operations director Rachel Corden.

The timing to step down is right for me but
also right for our stadia as we have just finalised all the plans for the move of our Perry Barr
operation to Wolverhampton, which will happen in September 2025, ahead of the Landlord
requiring the return of the Perry Barr site.

The full statement is here https://greyhoundscene.proboards.com/thread/87317/on-corden-leave-all-posts

This will hopefully enable Birmingham to make an early decision on whether or not they will come to the tapes in 2025, as i understand it Birmingham are dependant on Greyhound racing continuing to take place at Perry Barr in 2025, this brings a little clarity to timelines.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Here is a short excerpt from a retirement announcement by the ARC Greyhound operations director Rachel Corden.

The timing to step down is right for me but
also right for our stadia as we have just finalised all the plans for the move of our Perry Barr
operation to Wolverhampton, which will happen in September 2025, ahead of the Landlord
requiring the return of the Perry Barr site.

The full statement is here https://greyhoundscene.proboards.com/thread/87317/on-corden-leave-all-posts

This will hopefully enable Birmingham to make an early decision on whether or not they will come to the tapes in 2025, as i understand it Birmingham are dependant on Greyhound racing continuing to take place at Perry Barr in 2025, this brings a little clarity to timelines.

In September is the interesting part, that could mean speedway vacating by the end of August, hopefully it means the end of September which should mean Brum are good to run 

• Like 1

Thorsell hasn't ridden in UK for years and is way past his best.  Hellstrom-Bangs is a pipe dream, he'd have ridden in UK by now if he was going to.

At a guess... Lindgren, Z Cook, Harris, Ellis, Musielak, Lampart, RS 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Col said:

Thorsell hasn't ridden in UK for years and is way past his best.  Hellstrom-Bangs is a pipe dream, he'd have ridden in UK by now if he was going to.

At a guess... Lindgren, Z Cook, Harris, Ellis, Musielak, Lampart, RS 

Thorsell wanted the UK this year, and a lot of riders past their best come back to ride in the UK and still perform.  Also for someone past their past averages more in Poland than Pickering, Klindt and Brennan?

Hellstrom-Bangs said 2 seasons ago he is keen to ride in the UK but at the time wanted to concentrate on Poland so not as much of a pipe dream as one may think

If Brum make the Freddie deal his influence within the Swedish camp may spring a surprise 

14 hours ago, noaksey said:

In September is the interesting part, that could mean speedway vacating by the end of August, hopefully it means the end of September which should mean Brum are good to run 

At face value that's about as positive a statement of intent re the Dogs as we could have hoped for.

The use if the word "in" re September is far clearer than "by September" I guess.

I'm a bit surprised, though happy, that it will take so long to transition.

I think the one UNKNOWN is whether Dogs will run a FULL schedule to September or taper off during the summer as the owners wont want to have the scenario of far fewer Dog Meets they would want Full Schedule.

At least NT can go to the BSPL and declare a season to "September" is possible.

BSPL may be wary of a scenario like Lakeside > Rye House but at a push I suppoe IF it closed with Brummies having an outstanding final to race either Owners would allow it or we could use ahem...Leicester  - we can but dream of Finals!

Over to Nigel T I guess!  

16 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Believe Tolley can compete with Brum next season now they can start building earlier, based on the rising star position going

1. Lindgren

2. Z. Cook

3. Thorsell

4. Harris

5. Tungate

6. Hellstrom-Bangs 

7. Pearson

Wot a load of horlicks ... You've forgotten Brennan and Lampart, who will almost certainly be back.

7 hours ago, HGould said:

At face value that's about as positive a statement of intent re the Dogs as we could have hoped for.

The use if the word "in" re September is far clearer than "by September" I guess.

I'm a bit surprised, though happy, that it will take so long to transition.

I think the one UNKNOWN is whether Dogs will run a FULL schedule to September or taper off during the summer as the owners wont want to have the scenario of far fewer Dog Meets they would want Full Schedule.

At least NT can go to the BSPL and declare a season to "September" is possible.

BSPL may be wary of a scenario like Lakeside > Rye House but at a push I suppoe IF it closed with Brummies having an outstanding final to race either Owners would allow it or we could use ahem...Leicester  - we can but dream of Finals!

Over to Nigel T I guess!  

Depends how deep his pockets are.Must be losing a few Quid.

12 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Thorsell wanted the UK this year, and a lot of riders past their best come back to ride in the UK and still perform.  Also for someone past their past averages more in Poland than Pickering, Klindt and Brennan?

Hellstrom-Bangs said 2 seasons ago he is keen to ride in the UK but at the time wanted to concentrate on Poland so not as much of a pipe dream as one may think

If Brum make the Freddie deal his influence within the Swedish camp may spring a surprise 

Thorsell didn’t come to the uk as his wife was pregnant and due to give birth at the start of the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roundthebend said:

Brennan?

Someone on this forum was retailing a rumour that he had made a verbal agreement to return to the Brummies next year (verbal agreements are notoriously not worth the paper they are written on, but it was probably verbal because it was not totally confirmed that Perry Barr will be available); but I really hope that this is true. He was riding for Ipswich because they had a couple of extra matches in the play-offs.

15 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Someone on this forum was retailing a rumour that he had made a verbal agreement to return to the Brummies next year (verbal agreements are notoriously not worth the paper they are written on, but it was probably verbal because it was not totally confirmed that Perry Barr will be available); but I really hope that this is true. He was riding for Ipswich because they had a couple of extra matches in the play-offs.

If Birmingham can’t confirm 100% they are running say next week whilst a contract for another club is put in front of Tom which will guarantee him a ride so he can go to Australia without worrying about sorting his uk contract, then it will be difficult to turn down imo.