British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2025

3 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Peterborough went “strength in depth” with Chris Harris, Michael Palm Toft, Ulrich Ostegaard, Hans Andersen, Scott Nicholls & Bjarne Pedersen… and they ended up winning  

They had a 4pt reserve in ostergaard gain a 7 point average at reserve go to number one and got injured and had guest replacement or R/R all season. 
the seasons either side of that year they were a bottom two side 

4 minutes ago, mikebv said:

They are clearly better suited for Div 2...

They have had success in the 2nd tier and very decent crowds for that level..

Is it just ego that keeps them in Div 1?

Rob Lyon said that Div 2 just isn’t an option, King’s Lynn are a premiership team… plus Monday and Thursday race nights suit us

34 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Which you lost! Your very first home meeting to poor travellers Belle Vue with your original 1-7 and you lost it. 

Salty:D

My reply was to Daniel, who said we were bottom with our original team. Of course we was, we only had it for 3 meetings...  2 was away.

Edited by Bald Bloke

I think two big 9+ average big hitters is too much, makes the rest of the team too weak and too much “strength in depth” is also not great… if we could happen to get Tungate and Kvech at 1&5 and have a solid middle order then I think that would definitely be enough for top 4

17 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Yeah 2 big hitters like Emil and Jason, they’ve won loads of league titl… oh wait 

Missed out last year in the final heat of the final meeting and missed out this year when both become injured! It’s no coincidence that the three clubs that seem to be competing for the title in recent years (Ipswich, Belle Vue, Sheffield) all have two big hitters. Emil/Doyle, Bewley/Kurtz, Holder/Woffinden. Poole another example, won every year with a top heavy team with Chris Holder and Darcy ward. It’s clearly the way to go to have the biggest chance of success. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

I think two big 9+ average big hitters is too much, makes the rest of the team too weak and too much “strength in depth” is also not great… if we could happen to get Tungate and Kvech at 1&5 and have a solid middle order then I think that would definitely be enough for top 4

Tungate

Kvech

NKI

Lawson

28.05 plenty for the other 2.. 10.95 for 39, 11.95 for 40 point limit.

RS

Edited with new aves out 1st Oct

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

We didn't win because of "Strength in Depth". Many wins were because of excellent guest choices. we were rock bottom with our original team.

lol

we had some good guests and some who struggled but the whole point is that the team put out post musielak and his facility expiring were solid with a modest number one and strength down the order whether with our riders or guests and the irony is that some of those guests might be in the team next year

essentially not spunking loads of money on a world star doesnt mean a lack of ambition. in fact building a team with harris at reserve for example would show some

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Tungate

Kvech

NKI

Lawson

27.91 leaves plenty for the other 2.. 12.09 for 39, 13.09 for 40 point limit.

RS

somebody at some point suggested lawson kvech iversen basso klindt harris and a rs (jenkins maybe) and id bite your hand off for that 

would not get beaten at home and be very competitive away

7 minutes ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

somebody at some point suggested lawson kvech iversen basso klindt harris and a rs (jenkins maybe) and id bite your hand off for that 

Ive edited my post. It comes to 28.05 from October 1st. Still leaves either 10.95 of 11.95 if the limit is 39 or 40.

Your team above is 39.88 after the Brits -2.5%. That would do me:D

Edited by Bald Bloke

31 minutes ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

I suggested that team… but I just have a feeling that Oxford will need to leave Tungate out rather than Harris, to allow Woffinden to fit in along with Janowski 

In an ideal world you would have a blend of top end and strength in depth, especially to win your home meetings significantly to gain the aggregate bonus point. In my head the the perfect makeup of a team to get you to the magic 39 points should be (or as close as you can get):

1 - 8.5 (Lebedevs 8.0 )

2 - 6 (Iversen 6.83) 

3 -  7 (Kvech 6.58)

4 - 6 (Klindt 6.59)

5. - 7 (Lawson 7.09 / 6.91)

6 - 4.5 (Rowe 5.21 / 3.91)

7 - RS

Total 39 (38.82)

Edited by StarBoy