British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2025

30 minutes ago, therefused said:

I understand it, its Daniel Smith and his usual negativity towards anything Kings Lynn do. 

Is it negativity or realism? 

We've seen teams put together for about a decade now, fans "happy" with the side only to be whining & calling for changes weeks later because the teams s#!t.

Rinse and repeat at King's Lynn and imo, 2025 will be the same again if real Heatleaders are not found.

Even every other clubs fans, when they do predicted line-up, they always give King's Lynn the dregs nobody else wants.

I get & understand some are just happy to still have the Speedway, but knowing you're going in to a season without any chance of competing with only 7 teams in the league?

Edited by Daniel Smith

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Totally agree, it's one thing to say it's a risk not having top heat leaders, but another thing entirely  to suggest Lynn would have no chance of a play-off spot.

I could see riders like Cook (or Janowski) & Kvech putting a point of their averages, if that happens then you've got 8 & 7.5 riders at the top of the team followed by a very strong reserve.

Even if the elder statesmen Harris & Iversen don't up their averages, they don't seem to be on a deep slide either, then there's Klindt who was going much better for Lynn than he was at Oxford.

The biggest issue for me is not signing Jenkins or Flint as their RS.

I've often liked the look of the Lynn teams only to be proved wrong (everyone else said I was mad) but this team does give me hope for at least a mid-table finish.

Personally I think Harris picked the RS for KL and not the management, It's the only logical reason I can think of as to why Boughen was picked for KL.

I don't believe Rob Lyon would pick a RS that lacks confidence knowing that he's got to ride a Home track that requires a ton of confidence on.

12 minutes ago, TTT said:

Personally I think Harris picked the RS for KL and not the management, It's the only logical reason I can think of as to why Boughen was picked for KL.

I don't believe Rob Lyon would pick a RS that lacks confidence knowing that he's got to ride a Home track that requires a ton of confidence on.

Not sure about that, Boughen is King's Lynn born & bred. He'd be known to the club well enough 

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Totally agree, it's one thing to say it's a risk not having top heat leaders, but another thing entirely  to suggest Lynn would have no chance of a play-off spot.

I could see riders like Cook (or Janowski) & Kvech putting a point of their averages, if that happens then you've got 8 & 7.5 riders at the top of the team followed by a very strong reserve.

Even if the elder statesmen Harris & Iversen don't up their averages, they don't seem to be on a deep slide either, then there's Klindt who was going much better for Lynn than he was at Oxford.

I've often liked the look of the Lynn teams only to be proved wrong (everyone else said I was mad) but this team does give me hope for at least a mid-table finish.

It's a decent 1-7 for me. and as TTT said you finished last season very strong with near enough the same riders.

Jenkins i can confirm was never in the running for King's Lynn, there was an enquiry at the latter stages of this season, but he wasn't interested, the club who did want him was Birmingham, but he's obviously back at Ipswich, and he didn't even know he was in the R/S category until a few weeks ago.

Janowski sadly is just a Pipe dream that some have latched onto, unless Oxford have completely ripped up their 1-7 in last few days.

As ive said on here before, although a Witches fan, and i go everywhere with them (not Belle Vue,as that's pointless)i do travel to watch Lynn, and towards the end of last season, they were good to watch at home, and with that 1-7 that is still just rumour, if it's true, that is a much more reliable committed 1-7 that their fans deserve to watch on a weekly basis and will be very powerful at Home and for me could easily get top 4.

1 hour ago, TTT said:

I agree, I think Bomber wanted Boughen there with him… otherwise I don’t think we’d have picked Boughen really 

41 minutes ago, siggysigalos said:

It's a decent 1-7 for me. and as TTT said you finished last season very strong with near enough the same riders.

Jenkins i can confirm was never in the running for King's Lynn, there was an enquiry at the latter stages of this season, but he wasn't interested, the club who did want him was Birmingham, but he's obviously back at Ipswich, and he didn't even know he was in the R/S category until a few weeks ago.

Janowski sadly is just a Pipe dream that some have latched onto, unless Oxford have completely ripped up their 1-7 in last few days.

As ive said on here before, although a Witches fan, and i go everywhere with them (not Belle Vue,as that's pointless)i do travel to watch Lynn, and towards the end of last season, they were good to watch at home, and with that 1-7 that is still just rumour, if it's true, that is a much more reliable committed 1-7 that their fans deserve to watch on a weekly basis and will be very powerful at Home and for me could easily get top 4.

Exactly, we finished off the season very strongly beating teams like Sheffield (twice), Leicester, Belle Vue and Oxford… with arguably a much worse 1-7 than the predicted one 

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

going by what @siggysigalos has said elsewhere on this thread lynn & birmingham wanted jenkins but he wanted to stay at ippo 

therefore the 'draft' isnt really a draft at all 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

going by what @siggysigalos has said elsewhere on this thread lynn & birmingham wanted jenkins but he wanted to stay at ippo 

Nope it’s not! If Lynn wanted Jenkins then he should have been forced to ride there under the rising star rules… if not then he should have had to ride at number 6 for the Witches (if they still wanted him that is)

1 minute ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Nope it’s not! If Lynn wanted Jenkins then he should have been forced to ride there under the rising star rules… if not then he should have had to ride at number 6 for the Witches (if they still wanted him that is)

This has been mentioned for years already. Regardless of what the "regulations" say, 'Rising Stars' are not being forced to ride where they don't want to be.

Talks happen pre-pick between clubs & rider's about where they want to go.

This is common knowledge. 

13 hours ago, siggysigalos said:

12 hours ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

9 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

This has been mentioned for years already. Regardless of what the "regulations" say, 'Rising Stars' are not being forced to ride where they don't want to be.

Talks happen pre-pick between clubs & rider's about where they want to go.

This is common knowledge. 

My understanding of the rules are, if Jenkins was on the RS list, he's available to the first club that picked him? If he wasn't interested in King's Lynn or Birmingham then he just wouldn't race as a RS.

I'm not saying that's right & riders shouldn't be allowed to pick their clubs, just that the rules stated bottom club got first pick and so on.

If the clubs agree between themselves to let the riders go where they want (nothing wrong with that) why was a draft / ranking system voted on in the first place?

39 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

My understanding of the rules are, if Jenkins was on the RS list, he's available to the first club that picked him? If he wasn't interested in King's Lynn or Birmingham then he just wouldn't race as a RS.

I'm not saying that's right & riders shouldn't be allowed to pick their clubs, just that the rules stated bottom club got first pick and so on.

If the clubs agree between themselves to let the riders go where they want (nothing wrong with that) why was a draft / ranking system voted on in the first place?

quite agree

@Arch Stanton has been vocal about this and i agree, let riders go where they want but dont dress it up or pretend that its a draft when it aint 

id imagine every club is happy with their rs anyway

I think what i said about Jenkins has not come over correctly....

He was asked to join Lynn during last season as there were rumours Ipswich were moving him out of the 7, after speaking to Management on the rumours, and being told it was rubbish, he went back to Lynn and said Thanks, but No thanks as he wanted to stay at Ipswich.

He was NEVER asked about joining Lynn as a R/S for the 2025 season....NEVER.

Birmingham made an enquiry for 2025 to be their R/S, but at the time, it was unclear whether Jordan was going to be in the R/S list, so Birmingham made their move on Jason Edwards.

Then Lynn picked Ashton, and that was always their 1st choice due to the fact Chris Harris had already agreed to ride for Lynn next season....So no Brainer.

Then Oxford went for Killeen, leaving Ipswich with possibly Flint,Hagon,Mulford,Joe Thompson etc, but it was then agreed by Morris and his crew that Jordan would return to the R/S berth for 2025, and obviously he became Ipswich's R/S for 2025. At no stage has Jordan turned down a ride at any club, due to the fact he genuinely didn't know whether he was a R/S or not. They are simply the Facts of it all, and trust me im in a position where i know that is correct.

If you ask me for my opinion on the R/S system how it works, then i agree with you all, i imagine phone calls and conversations go on behind the scenes, and sometimes it makes a mockery of the system, but i will defend Jordan, he didn't turn down a ride for any club, where i put not interested in joining Lynn, that was for last season not 2025.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2