British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2025

43 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Think you're confused by the racecard. 

Home 2, 7, 11, 14 - Away 2, 6, 9, 12

If he comes in as a reserve switch he'll always be against a Heatleader. 

For me, that many points used in team building at reserve is wasted

Harris can't replace Boughen in heat 8, but he could in heats 4, 12, 14 where he meets another reserve. That's the point I was making. Even if he can't beat opposition heat leaders, having a reserve who may score 8 from 5 is better than a 4 point rider scoring 4.

I'm not saying I definitely would've gone down the route of Harris at reserve over a top number one, but if they can't get anyone to sign, then if I was a Lynn fan, I'd still feel positive about having Harris at 6.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Harris can't replace Boughen in heat 8, but he could in heats 4, 12, 14 where he meets another reserve. That's the point I was making. Even if he can't beat opposition heat leaders, having a reserve who may score 8 from 5 is better than a 4 point rider scoring 4.

I'm not saying I definitely would've gone down the route of Harris at reserve over a top number one, but if they can't get anyone to sign, then if I was a Lynn fan, I'd still feel positive about having Harris at 6.

He can only replace Boughen once. 8 from 5 would be poor with how the teams built. Let's think Boughen will score 0 regularly we're then relying on the top 5 to average almost 8.

For me, it will be poor judgement & horrible mathematics to have anyone over a 5.50 average at No6. 

It's a waste of team building numbers that cannot logically work. 

We have to work with facts, and the facts are, no team has ever been successful with this "strength in depth" nonsense.

6 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

It baffles me how people think having someone like Harris or Klindt at reserve won’t win us more meetings than having someone like Zischke, Kemp, Gilkes, Thompson etc.

i guess the theory is that one of those would be accompanied by a 8/9 pointer at 1

but its quite clear that the club hasnt been able to sign that kind of rider and will be going with a top six with less than a point between them instead

personally i think the clubs priority has to be to sign a team who will win the majority of home turn up every week and have an affinity with the paying customer and the mooted team would do that i believe 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

i guess the theory is that one of those would be accompanied by a 8/9 pointer at 1

but its quite clear that the club hasnt been able to sign that kind of rider and will be going with a top six with less than a point between them instead

personally i think the clubs priority has to be to sign a team who will win the majority of home turn up every week and have an affinity with the paying customer and the mooted team would do that i believe 

Don’t say much about the club if no star rider wants to come. Guess Busters the issue

Edited by Youhave2minutes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

He can only replace Boughen once. 8 from 5 would be poor with how the teams built. Let's think Boughen will score 0 regularly we're then relying on the top 5 to average almost 8.

For me, it will be poor judgement & horrible mathematics to have anyone over a 5.50 average at No6. 

It's a waste of team building numbers that cannot logically work. 

We have to work with facts, and the facts are, no team has ever been successful with this "strength in depth" nonsense.

Peterborough?

• Like 1

If it is the rumoured 7 (Magic or Cook), then on paper its stronger than the team we finished the season with. The same team that had some pretty decent form in the latter part of the season, against what were probably stronger opposition than next year. 

The rumoured team looks ok to me, I think some people are blowing it way out of proportion. 

• Like 3

As we've seen from previous seasons. it's not just reserve replacement rides, it's covering rider replacement and injury replacement rides as well.

It would be great to have two big hitters but there aren't that many about and I certainly don't see a strong reserve as a negative.

Edited by Speedball
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Speedball said:

As we've seen from previous seasons. it's not just reserve replacement rides, it's covering rider replacement and injury replacement rides as well.

It would be great to have two big hitters but there aren't that many about and I certainly don't see a strong reserve as a negative.

Strong reserve is good if they bang in the points. When he moves up to the main body of the team.The new reserve needs to do the same...

1 hour ago, therefused said:

Peterborough?

🤣🤣 go have a look how bad the WHOLE league was then. That Peterborough team is not a yard stick to go by.

It's fact, you can't win anything without Heatleaders, anyone over a 5½ average at No6 is a waste of points.

King's Lynn before a wheel is turned will really really struggle to make top 4.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

🤣🤣 go have a look how bad the WHOLE league was then. That Peterborough team is not a yard stick to go by.

It's fact, you can't win anything without Heatleaders, anyone over a 5½ average at No6 is a waste of points.

A good  1 and 5 is a must .look at Ipswich,Belle Vue .Sheffield..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

It was a response to this message

which is categorically wrong. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

A good  1 and 5 is a must .look at Ipswich,Belle Vue .Sheffield..

then look at what happens when one (or even both) gets injured, you're all of a sudden up rubbish creek, its a lot easier to replace a 6/7 pointer than a 9/10 pointer. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Strong reserve is good if they bang in the points. When he moves up to the main body of the team.The new reserve needs to do the same...

Well looking at the averages, that could mean someone like Klindt or Kvech going down into reserve if they started the season slow. Either way, throughout the season, there should be a decent reserve option available whch could be a useful option for Rob, especially if the reserve is having a good night.

Don't understand the negativity in regards to the rumoured side and I'm someone who normally always criticises Buster Chapman 1-7's.

If the rumoured team becomes a fact then I think it's the best 1-7 you've had in years.

The vast majority of the 1-7 were either full time KL riders or riders who regularly made guest appearances for KL towards the end of this season.

During that time KL wen't on a winning streak and they weren't wins against poor sides either, These wins were coming against some of the better sides in the league like Leicester and Sheffield.

You didn't have any superstars in the 1-7 then but you still got positive results on a regular basis.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TTT said:

Don't understand the negativity in regards to the rumoured side and I'm someone who normally always criticises Buster Chapman 1-7's.

If the rumoured team becomes a fact then I think it's the best 1-7 you've had in years.

Totally agree, it's one thing to say it's a risk not having top heat leaders, but another thing entirely  to suggest Lynn would have no chance of a play-off spot.

I could see riders like Cook (or Janowski) & Kvech putting a point of their averages, if that happens then you've got 8 & 7.5 riders at the top of the team followed by a very strong reserve.

Even if the elder statesmen Harris & Iversen don't up their averages, they don't seem to be on a deep slide either, then there's Klindt who was going much better for Lynn than he was at Oxford.

The biggest issue for me is not signing Jenkins or Flint as their RS.

I've often liked the look of the Lynn teams only to be proved wrong (everyone else said I was mad) but this team does give me hope for at least a mid-table finish.

Edited by szkocjasid

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

The new reserve would likely be Klindt or Kvech… I’m sure they’d do the same!

• Like 1