British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2025

44 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Indeed it is ;)

The uncertainty with Birmingham has been the cause of mixed information about Lawson who due to logistics would prefer to remain in the East Midlands . But if the Lions  were to lose a couple of riders to the Brummies then may be some changes in team plans 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Hopefully it is up the air with Lawson and we end up getting him… if the limit stays at 40 I’d be over the moon with Lawson, Iversen, Klindt, B Cook, Kvech, Harris, Boughen

I personally don’t think that lineup will get you in the top four

30 minutes ago, Youhave2minutes said:

We were beating 99% of teams at home in the second half of the 2024 season with a hell of a lot worse lineup than that!! I think that team would be top four no questio

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Youhave2minutes said:

i think it would have every chance IF we can keep a settled team for the whole season or at least the vast majority of it as its absolutely rock solid

the mooted side would be very powerful at home competitive away and always have a very strong reserve BUT needs to avoid the unavailability issues which has dogged the club over the last few seasons 

• Like 1

Just now, SaddlebowRoad said:

i think it would have every chance IF we can keep a settled team for the whole season or at least the vast majority of it as its absolutely rock solid

the mooted side would be very powerful at home competitive away and always have a very strong reserve BUT needs to avoid the unavailability issues which has dogged the club over the last few seasons 

Just bothers me with the Power heats 13 / 15

1 hour ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

needs to avoid the unavailability issues which has dogged the club over the last few seasons 

I think that is exactly why the club are going with this kind of lineup. All riders with connections to the club and/or a track record of giving UK speedway respect. 

After all the hassles with Musielak and Tarasenko, we need a settled side. There’s nothing you can do about injuries, but you know these riders won’t mess us around.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Hopefully it is up the air with Lawson and we end up getting him… if the limit stays at 40 I’d be over the moon with Lawson, Iversen, Klindt, B Cook, Kvech, Harris, Boughen

I think every Lynn fan I know would be well pleased with that team

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

Kings Lynn are moving home race nights to Mondays rather than Thursdays (thank god!), so that will help us a lot, won’t lose riders to Poland if we have any that ride there 

46 minutes ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

would he fit?

cant see him leaving ox but you never know 

Magic just fits:

Janowski 7.02 (or Cook 6.99)
Iversen 6.83
Klindt 6.59
Kvech 6.58
Lawson 6.91
Harris 6.06
Boughen

Like @Bald Blokehas mentioned before, having Magic in the side would be my preferred option as well. 

He would give us more top end strength for heats 13 & 15 and clearly likes the Lynn track. Got 16 from 6 rides and 14+2 from 7 rides on his two visits last season.

He wouldn’t come cheap though and I’d guess Oxford would be favourites for his signature.

Ben Cook would also be a decent option. Side would be 39.96 with his inclusion instead of Janowski. But his average comes from riding in the middle order, not at 1 or 5. He’d start as our No 1 which is a step up. But I do wonder if Ben might end up at Birmingham with his brother.

But with either in the team (and Lawson), it should be a match for anyone at home, especially considering we saw off Sheffield, Belle Vue (albeit without Kurtz) and Leicester reasonably comfortably with a much weaker side than that.

But if we don’t get Lawson and either one of Magic or Cook, that could make things tricky.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Speedball said:

Magic just fits:

Janowski 7.02 (or Cook 6.99)
Iversen 6.83
Klindt 6.59
Kvech 6.58
Lawson 6.91
Harris 6.06
Boughen

Like @Bald Blokehas mentioned before, having Magic in the side would be my preferred option as well. 

He would give us more top end strength for heats 13 & 15 and clearly likes the Lynn track. Got 16 from 6 rides and 14+2 from 7 rides on his two visits last season.

He wouldn’t come cheap though and I’d guess Oxford would be favourites for his signature.

Ben Cook would also be a decent option. Side would be 39.96 with his inclusion instead of Janowski. But his average comes from riding in the middle order, not at 1 or 5. He’d start as our No 1 which is a step up. But I do wonder if Ben might end up at Birmingham with his brother.

But with either in the team (and Lawson), it should be a match for anyone at home, especially considering we saw off Sheffield, Belle Vue (albeit without Kurtz) and Leicester reasonably comfortably with a much weaker side than that.

But if we don’t get Lawson and either one of Magic or Cook, that could make things tricky.

That’s a top 4 team hands down, whether it’s Magic or Ben at 1 in my opinion 

• Like 1