British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2025

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TTT said:

0% chance of Oxford letting Tungate go after the season he had for them.

1. B. Cook 6.99 (Dickson said Lawson is staying at Leicester apparently)

2. Kvech 6.58

3. Iversen 6.83

4. Klindt 6.59

5. Basso 6.89

6. 5.12 or 6.12 left depending on a 39.00 or 40.00 limit

7. Jenkins (RS)

Best 5.12 or Under options (Lampart 4.93, Kerr 4.89, Wojdylo 4.74, Mountain 4.49 or Palm Toft 4.13)

Best 6.12 or Under options (All of the above + S. Worrall 5.84 & Z. Cook 5.57)

I know your listing that team, with what you think  other clubs line up's might be as well. But that would be top 4 gone before you start imho. I can see that loosing 2 or 3 at home, and getting spanked on the road, so not much chance of any aggerate points.  Paddy is a no no (2.82 away) Kerr, Mountain, Tofty, no thanks. 

Somehow we have to fit a very good second string at No.6 if we go the strength in depth route. Bomber maybe. At the end of the day, money will dictate the side to an extent, and our crowds, ain't that good unfortunately. If you ain't getting a top No1, you must go all out to get 6 good second strings. 5 won't be enough with no No.1  imho. Not easy i know. But the alternative will probably mean bottom 2 again. 

NKI

Lawson

Harris

Kvech

Klindt

Basso/ B cook 

RS

39.86 or 39.96  Get it done :P

Edited by Bald Bloke

18 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

The rumour going round that Kvech is riding Poland and Sweden is just nonsense… when he signed for Lynn he signed a 2 year deal 

To ride for KL if he rode in UK? 

18 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

The rumour going round that Kvech is riding Poland and Sweden is just nonsense… when he signed for Lynn he signed a 2 year deal 

time will tell ? 

19 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

time will tell ? 

time will tell a lot of things lynn related

there is an unbelievable amount of absolute rammel on this thread

will ne nice for the team to be named so that people can whinge about that rather than stuff that isnt and wasnt ever going to happen 

2 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

No he signed a 2 year deal to ride for KL

2 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

No he signed a 2 year deal to ride for KL

Are you sure?
When he joined the Stars in June, the announcements only mentioned he was doing so "for the remainder of the season". 
Whilst it would be good to see him back in the UK, it's looking unlikely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Hackney said:

And if you read the message on social media from Basso's mum you will see that he will not be riding in the UK next year.

Certainly how he was a letdown like museliak not returning, he’s not worth a position. Jog on.

Edited by Youhave2minutes

On 10/9/2024 at 12:21 PM, Bald Bloke said:

I know your listing that team, with what you think  other clubs line up's might be as well. But that would be top 4 gone before you start imho. I can see that loosing 2 or 3 at home, and getting spanked on the road, so not much chance of any aggerate points.  Paddy is a no no (2.82 away) Kerr, Mountain, Tofty, no thanks. 

Somehow we have to fit a very good second string at No.6 if we go the strength in depth route. Bomber maybe. At the end of the day, money will dictate the side to an extent, and our crowds, ain't that good unfortunately. If you ain't getting a top No1, you must go all out to get 6 good second strings. 5 won't be enough with no No.1  imho. Not easy i know. But the alternative will probably mean bottom 2 again. 

NKI

Lawson

Harris

Kvech

Klindt

Basso/ B cook 

RS

39.86 or 39.96  Get it done :P

I always base my teams on who I think will be available to them and who the managements will likely target instead of putting the best 1-7's together using unrealistic riders.

I think the engine room at KL is a forgone conclusion and Ben Cook will certainly be in as well imo as he won't fit in anywhere else and he's happy to ride for Busters clubs, RS likely to be Jenkins imo.

Lawson would be a perfect fit but Dickson has said he's staying unless circumstances have changed.

I always use this as a starting block when building KL 1-7's for 2025.

1. B. Cook

2. Kvech

3. Iversen

4. Klindt

7. (RS)

1 hour ago, TTT said:

I always base my teams on who I think will be available to them and who the managements will likely target instead of putting the best 1-7's together using unrealistic riders.

I think the engine room at KL is a forgone conclusion and Ben Cook will certainly be in as well imo as he won't fit in anywhere else and he's happy to ride for Busters clubs, RS likely to be Jenkins imo.

Lawson would be a perfect fit but Dickson has said he's staying unless circumstances have changed.

I always use this as a starting block when building KL 1-7's for 2025.

1. B. Cook

2. Kvech

3. Iversen

4. Klindt

7. (RS)

Add Harris to that at number 6… then will be another rider between 6.5 & 7 in the main body 

1 hour ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Add Harris to that at number 6… then will be another rider between 6.5 & 7 in the main body 

I don't see Bomber riding for King's Lynn in 2025.

Oxford would certainly want him back and Sheffield will explore a deal if it's a 40 point limit considering how well he rides Owlerton.

Two clubs with a lot of financial backing that would be prepared to offer more money.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TTT said:

I don't see Bomber riding for King's Lynn in 2025.

Oxford would certainly want him back and Sheffield will explore a deal if it's a 40 point limit considering how well he rides Owlerton.

Two clubs with a lot of financial backing that would be prepared to offer more money.

He has said he wants to ride for King’s Lynn for a full season before he retires though… so you never know 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Youhave2minutes said:

Lynn always have the riders when they are past there best, so sounds about right

He is still exceptional in the British league though, have you seen him ride the past few seasons!? I’d be over the moon if we had him, especially at 6!!

If Chris Harris signed for Lynn I would turn up to a lot more meetings.

I also think Simon Lambert should be given a birth. Controversial maybe, but the amount of times the guy has come in and done a job for us is commendable, as is his attitude. Most riders would question why they are only called upon at a certain time of season because no one else is available, or as an attrition replacement, but he doesn't. He gets on with it and usually scores more points than anyone predicted.

Edited by Zagarmeister