British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2025

30 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm struggling with what King's Lynn fans want. Do they want a competitive top 4 challenge or just a decent team to watch at home??

If it's the former, it would be absurd to think about Lawson as a No1. You have to have a more ambitious demand from management, Lawson is nothing more than a 3rd heatleader.

You cannot make top 4 without a genuine No1, strength in depth doesn't work

Tell that to Dad’s army, they won the league with a weaker 1-6 than that

nope strength in depth for me with a reserve who can win heats 2 12 and 14 

in any case kvech would probably end up at 1 and increase his average significantly 

i don't believe the budget is there for a big name number 1 or the desire for anyone not riding here already to come over 

and if we were lucky enough to get cook he has a fair bit of improvement in him too

30 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm struggling with what King's Lynn fans want. Do they want a competitive top 4 challenge or just a decent team to watch at home??

If it's the former, it would be absurd to think about Lawson as a No1. You have to have a more ambitious demand from management, Lawson is nothing more than a 3rd heatleader.

You cannot make top 4 without a genuine No1, strength in depth doesn't work

People know Lawson ain't a No.1. Out n out number ones are hard to find. Robert is a no go, and Rob said it will probably be strength in depth. So i was posting a team that might be realistic. Heres my team from a month ago, taken from another thread. But sadly it wont happen..

Lambo

Lawson

Kvech

NKI

Magic

Rowe

RS

Around 39 points as things stand.

Wouldn't be cheap though 

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

People know Lawson ain't a No.1. Out n out number ones are hard to find. Robert is a no go, and Rob said it will probably be strength in depth. So i was posting a team that might be realistic. Heres my team from a month ago, taken from another thread. But sadly it wont happen..

Lambo

Lawson

Kvech

NKI

Magic

Rowe

RS

Around 39 points as things stand.

Wouldn't be cheap though 

If we can’t convince Lambert (we won’t) then replace Rowe and him with a couple of 5/6 pointers and would be very happy with that, harsh on Rowe and would be great to keep him but sure he will have offfers elsewhere.

in reality the only way Rowe stays is if there is a proper number one, so imagine he will be moving on

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, therefused said:

If we can’t convince Lambert (we won’t) then replace Rowe and him with a couple of 5/6 pointers and would be very happy with that, harsh on Rowe and would be great to keep him but sure he will have offfers elsewhere.

in reality the only way Rowe stays is if there is a proper number one, so imagine he will be moving on

rumour has it hes already signed for one of the truplant clubs 

3 hours ago, therefused said:

I heard he has had enquiries from all Prem clubs, bar one. 

On 9/29/2024 at 9:14 PM, AceBelle said:

Robert Lambert as signed for Vastervik in 2025 

We know we’re not getting Lambert or a proper out and out number 1... We’ll probably have these 6 (Kvech, B Cook, Iversen, Klindt, Basso, Harris) and a rising star