British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2025

16 hours ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

i dont think it was ever likely anyway, he will probably finish as world number 2 without uk racing and having to fly in and out every week so why would he change his schedule 

Because he is British? And should be supporting British speedway?  I appreciate he can ride where he wants but it doesn’t sit well with me.

3 hours ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

Tungate

Iversen

B.Cook/Klindt

Kvech

Lawson

Rowe

Jenkins

(This could definitely be another option)

Jenkins would choose Ipswich if he gets the choice. He said Ipswich is most professional and best club he has rode for. Obviously averages permitting but if so, he will be back at Ipswich.

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Because he is British? And should be supporting British speedway?  I appreciate he can ride where he wants but it doesn’t sit well with me.

I get the feeling he thinks he is a superstar and Britain is below him. 

Participating in the British individual championship and bringing his polish engines over, thinking he would just walk it. Reality check when he didn’t get through to the final.

Edited by ShanoXtra
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Doesn't need British Speedway, the sport in the country should be able to support itself not rely on riders.

He'll be back in British Speedway at some stage when he needs it, usually when he may be on the decline in GPs or in Poland 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

a fair point i guess but he lives in poland with his polish girlfriend and only wants to do two leagues so sweden is much easier from there

38 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

I get the feeling he thinks he is a superstar and Britain is below him. 

Participating in the British individual championship and bringing his polish engines over, thinking he would just walk it. Reality check when he didn’t get through to the final.

with all due respect thats the biggest load of tripe ive seen written on here so far and its a high bar

40 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

Jenkins would choose Ipswich if he gets the choice. He said Ipswich is most professional and best club he has rode for. Obviously averages permitting but if so, he will be back at Ipswich.

rising stars get chosen in reverse finishing order so ipswich are behind brum lynn & ox in the queue im afraid my old fruit 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

with all due respect thats the biggest load of tripe ive seen written on here so far and its a high bar

rising stars get chosen in reverse finishing order so ipswich are behind brum lynn & ox in the queue im afraid my old fruit 

What is a load of tripe?

24 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

What is a load of tripe?

What he's responded with is tripe, yes technically rising stars are picked in reverse order but they all agree who gets what rising star after all clubs have spoken with riders and chosen who they want and more importantly who the rider wants to ride for

No rising star ends up where he doesn't want to be, unless of course the club he really wants has chosen someone else 

21 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

What he's responded with is tripe, yes technically rising stars are picked in reverse order but they all agree who gets what rising star after all clubs have spoken with riders and chosen who they want and more importantly who the rider wants to ride for

No rising star ends up where he doesn't want to be, unless of course the club he really wants has chosen someone else 

i mean there is some truth in that but if one of the bottom three are adamant they want jenkins as an rs then he cant turn them down and be one at ippo unless some underhand stuff goes on on the quiet

and please dont call me 'he' 🙂

4 minutes ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

i mean there is some truth in that but if one of the bottom three are adamant they want jenkins as an rs then he cant turn them down and be one at ippo unless some underhand stuff goes on on the quiet

and please dont call me 'he' 🙂

He/She/Them/It/Venus Fly Trap

Apologies for assuming he and general gender status

But 100% it should be if X club wants Jenkins they get Jenkins but its never worked that way, clubs will get the rising star they want so Jenkins as an example will go where he wants to a degree if that club has a spot.

• Like 1