British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2025

I've seen some posting on the  Lynn 2024 thread, and i know there is a 2025 prediction thread, started by Starboy, but it seems to be a general thread. I thought us Stars fans deserve our own thread. Sorry if it's stepping on Starboys toes.

Kvech and Rowe, are no brainers for me. I know they have spoken to Klindt re next season. I'd take Lawson, but money talks, and we lost him this season to Leicester. Would anyone go for an out n out No.1 again, after the Toby fiasco?

• Like 1

Where does the 1 & 5 come from is the question.

BV will retain HL's, Brum will keep Lindgren if he wants UK racing, Doyle is a done deal and Emil will only be at Ipswich if he races in the UK, Leicester might let Lawson go but he's not a No.1 or No.5, Janowski's staying at Oxford, Sheffield will keep HL's and I assume Tai will go to Oxford considering how much he praised their track and they've got wealthy owners plus one of his best mates Janowski will be in the side, Bridges burnt with Musielak.

1. ?

2. Kvech

3. Iversen

4. Klindt

5. ?

6. Rowe

7. Jenkins (RS)

I’d love Robert Lambert but can’t see it so I imagine we will go strength in depth. That might see Rowe move on simply because we might be able to fit a low 6 pointer at reserve. 

Lawson - 7.03 (7.21 - 2.5%)

Iversen - 6.73

Klindt - 6.59

Basso - 6.89

Kvech - 6.52

Harris - 6.21 (6.37 - 2.5%)

Jenkins (RS)

39.97 if average remains 40.00

Take Harris out for someone like Mads Nielsen on a 5.00 if average drops to 39.00

If Lynn could tempt Robert back, that would certainly put Rowe back in my team:

Lambert - 7.61 (7.81 - 2.5%)

Iversen 6.73

Klindt 6.59

Kvech 6.52

Lawson 7.03

Rowe 3.71

Jenkins (RS)

Still have 1.8 to play with but realistically where do you use it with riders likely to be available. 

Could obviously use Basso to replace any of the 6 pointers but think I’d stick with those personally. Ben wasn’t great away this season. Others likely to be more competitive away from home.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Speedball said:

If Lynn could tempt Robert back, that would certainly put Rowe back in my team:

Lambert - 7.61 (7.81 - 2.5%)

Iversen 6.73

Klindt 6.59

Kvech 6.52

Lawson 7.03

Rowe 3.71

Jenkins (RS)

Still have 1.8 to play with but realistically where do you use it with riders likely to be available. 

Could obviously use Basso to replace any of the 6 pointers but think I’d stick with those personally. Ben wasn’t great away this season. Others likely to be more competitive away from home.

Personally i think you need a No.1, but it's not going to be easy finding a genuine No1. I'll take that team right now btw :t:

• Like 2

I do as well but as @TTThas mentioned, where do they come from?

Certainly there is average improvement in Lawson, Klindt, Basso & Kvech given injury free seasons. 

Lawson is like a No 1 at Lynn (and indeed has been before). Basso still put 0.64 on his average despite his stop start season and everyone can see Jan’s potential, especially now he’s been to all the tracks at least once.

Edited by Speedball

35 minutes ago, Speedball said:

I do as well but as @TTThas mentioned, where do they come from?

Certainly there is average improvement in Lawson, Klindt, Basso & Kvech given injury free seasons. 

Lawson is like a No 1 at Lynn (and indeed has been before). Basso still put 0.64 on his average despite his stop start season and everyone can see Jan’s potential, especially now he’s been to all the tracks at least once.

At home we might be able to get by with Kvech and Lawson in the later stages of meetings. If we don't find a genuine No.1,then we must try and use all the points available if possible, for a good engine room. If we can get Anders to stay on a 3.8 at No.6, it will leave us plenty of points for a solid top 5.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Kvech, Rowe, Iversen & Klindt. Build the side around them. Don’t want Basso who failed to ride out of the country and not return in U.K. when needed most.Wodylo only decent on lynn track, useless away.

Edited by Roundthebend
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Roundthebend said:

Kvech, Rowe, Iversen & Klindt. Build the side around them. Don’t want Basso who failed to ride out of the country and not return in U.K. when needed most.Wodylo only decent on lynn track, useless away.

I'd take Bomber over Basso, and he's on a lower average. Will be down to who offers the most at the end of the day. I'll have to start doing the Euro millions, i guess :D

6 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I've seen some posting on the  Lynn 2024 thread, and i know there is a 2025 prediction thread, started by Starboy, but it seems to be a general thread. I thought us Stars fans deserve our own thread. Sorry if it's stepping on Starboys toes.

Kvech and Rowe, are no brainers for me. I know they have spoken to Klindt re next season. I'd take Lawson, but money talks, and we lost him this season to Leicester. Would anyone go for an out n out No.1 again, after the Toby fiasco?

Certainly haven’t stepped on my toes @Bald Bloke like you said my thread was a general one for fans of all teams to voice their predictions. As a Stars myself I am totally on board with the setup of this thread😬

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StarBoy said:

Certainly haven’t stepped on my toes @Bald Bloke like you said my thread was a general one for fans of all teams to voice their predictions. As a Stars myself I am totally on board with the setup of this thread😬

Cheers SB

I was wandering about 25  for the Stars. Glad that we will be up the tapes in 25

Edited by Bald Bloke

Who turned up least often Basso, Klindt or Musielak?

Rowe, NKi & Kvech are the only ones worth retaining.

Kings Lynn most consistent team for 2025..

R/R
Harris (G)
Iversen
Kvech
Lawson (G)
Rowe
RS

Don't think most of the teams on here are far away. Klindt, Iversen and Kvech are pretty much nailed on I'd say.

If we can get a decent no. 1 then Rowe could slot in at 6, if we can't then I think that unfortunately means we have to go strength in depth and get 6 pointer at reserve. That's really unlucky for Rowe as he has been one of our shining stars this season

19 hours ago, TTT said:

Where does the 1 & 5 come from is the question.

BV will retain HL's, Brum will keep Lindgren if he wants UK racing, Doyle is a done deal and Emil will only be at Ipswich if he races in the UK, Leicester might let Lawson go but he's not a No.1 or No.5, Janowski's staying at Oxford, Sheffield will keep HL's and I assume Tai will go to Oxford considering how much he praised their track and they've got wealthy owners plus one of his best mates Janowski will be in the side, Bridges burnt with Musielak.

1. ?

2. Kvech

3. Iversen

4. Klindt

5. ?

6. Rowe

7. Jenkins (RS)

Didn’t Tai say on the podcast this week that he wants to go back to Sheffield if they allow it? Mentioned about close friends with picko and C.Holder. Not sure of averages though and what not. 

• Like 1

On 9/13/2024 at 10:38 PM, Falcon1983 said:

1. Lawson

2. Iversen

3. Kvech

4. Huckenbeck

5. Klindt

6. Sorensen

7. Rowe

Huckenbeck would come in on 8 point average next season. 

The BSPL put together a list of assessed averages for riders who’ve not ridden over here since COVID and it’s based on their previous season. 

This is how Lynn signed Kvech on a 6 despite him being in the GPs. If we were signing Jan for the first time in 2025, he’d be on an 8. Same rule would apply to Kai. 

Edited by Speedball

5 hours ago, Speedball said:

Huckenbeck would come in on 8 point average next season

The BSPL put together a list of assessed averages for riders who’ve not ridden over here since COVID and it’s based on their previous season. 

This is how Lynn signed Kvech on a 6 despite him being in the GPs. If we were signing Jan for the first time in 2025, he’d be on an 8. Same rule would apply to Kai. 

And would probably be at No.1 on that average. I'd take him on a 7, but an 8 is a bit of a stretch i think. I'd take him with this team, as he wouldn't be at No.1 for long. Dreaming probably:unsure:

Lambert, Huckenbeck, Kvech, NKI, Lawson, Rowe. Comes in at under 40 with the -2.5% on the Brits.

Edited by Bald Bloke

5 hours ago, Speedball said:

Huckenbeck would come in on 8 point average next season. 

They only come in on an 8.00 if they have ridden in the GPs for 2 consecutive seasons within the last 5 years. 

in terms of riders like Huckenbeck, Lebedevs, Kubera etc I don’t know, if they were in the GPs next season that would count as their 2nd consecutive season of they would have to complete 25 and for 26 would come in on an 8.00. How I interpret the rules I would say they still come in on a 6.00 for next season. 

the regulation is chapter 10 - 0.10.2.2 of the SCB Regulations if anyone interprets different to me