British Speedway Forum

Workington v Poole 14/09/24 3pm semi final 2nd leg play offs.

7 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Scunny haven't got an air fence anymore, Its a foam fence now. I thought Scunny gave Workington our old air fence ?

yeah I believe that the current Worky airfence is a combination of those previously used by Scunny and Newcastle Diamonds.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Firestone1 said:

So it's Charles Wright, Dan Thompson and Jason Edwards for Saturday. 

Very good guests , Charles brings his A game to these occasions and is a real battler as is Dan Thomson. That is definitely the mind set we will need Saturday. If Jason can avoid any last places we could give the Pirates a real scare. I would take a 4-2 to the Comets in a last heat aggregate decider 😀. Come on you Comets seize the day 👌🤙👊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

Very good guests , Charles brings his A game to these occasions and is a real battler as is Dan Thomson. That is definitely the mind set we will need Saturday. If Jason can avoid any last places we could give the Pirates a real scare. I would take a 4-2 to the Comets in a last heat aggregate decider 😀. Come on you Comets seize the day 👌🤙👊

This could be a close call give the Worky guests.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

As long as Christina Turnbull isn't the ref we should be ok 

You’ll be pleased to know it’s not her, however it is another referee who recently courted controversy in the final race at the Championship Pairs where Wright was favoured over Nicholls.

4 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

yeah I believe that the current Worky airfence is a combination of those previously used by Scunny and Newcastle Diamonds.

Think the starting gate at Workington came from Newcastle but I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Just watched the " border" news first time in ages no mention of the comets,plenty about scots sports ( womens rugby ffs) hard to believe so much goes on over their,time we had granada news .

Was a piece on look north about the speedway