British Speedway Forum

Workington v Poole 14/09/24 3pm semi final 2nd leg play offs.

Congrats to the Pirates , a job well done and some classy riders. First visit to Northside  and viewing as a neutral.  Good viewing ,a bit strange spectators split in two halves, but a sterling job in setting up the track. The racing itself was mostly from the gate and outcome settled prior to 3rd bend with riders well strung out. The track itself stood up to the morning weather, but only in the latter heats did anyone venture from the inside line around the bends. Apart from the track announcer, the interviews were inaudible to people in the back straight stand. Hopefully the sparse crowd will improve  and the promotion goes from strength to strength, well done.

p.s.  Lbw were you sitting in the back straight stand with the Lawson  hoodie on?

2 hours ago, Neila said:

Well fine to poole, they are a very good side, says it all when the comets score more at wimbored Road that at home. A good 1st year back for the Comets, hoping we come to the tapes in 2025, but was a shockingly low crowd for a play off semi ginal !!!

Would you like to totally re-type that message Sir !   Its absolute gobbledegook ! 😁

• Haha 1

Well done to Poole, was NID as they say.

The meeting was a bit drab today by our standards. But we’ve had some really great meetings at Northside this year so can’t complain.

Crowd level was a bit strange, as the crowds have been good majority of the year (bigger than what most clubs get) can kinda expect it against Plymouth but maybe the combination of the crap weather, the 3rd home meeting against Poole and being live on BSN were factors today.

Roll on 2025

• Like 1

"Apart from the track announcer, the interviews were inaudible to people in the back straight stand."

I wholeheartedly understand your remarks about the poor PA on the back straight.  This has been the case since the outset at Northside.  I have mentioned it to management several times, and have had promises they will look at it. But 2 seasons later, nothing has been done.  The Announcer is just about audible from time to time. but not anyone he interviews. !!  The odd thing is that if you are stood UP in the seating area, or alongside it, you can hear every word. But sitting down you dont have a chance. PLEASE COMETS MANAGEMENT, WILL YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

"Apart from the track announcer, the interviews were inaudible to people in the back straight stand."

I wholeheartedly understand your remarks about the poor PA on the back straight.  This has been the case since the outset at Northside.  I have mentioned it to management several times, and have had promises they will look at it. But 2 seasons later, nothing has been done.  The Announcer is just about audible from time to time. but not anyone he interviews. !!  The odd thing is that if you are stood UP in the seating area, or alongside it, you can hear every word. But sitting down you dont have a chance. PLEASE COMETS MANAGEMENT, WILL YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ?

Interviews at all tracks are usually inaudible. Never understand why they bother with them because of this.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

Now the first and may I say mostly very enjoyable first season back in the Championship is over I believe it would be a very good idea for the club to generate a supporter feeback form on their social media were fans can feedback on what they think the club is doing well and what they wish to see improved.

38 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

I only had a 400 mile round trip, but well done to you on your commitment to visiting away tracks. Superfan of the year, safe journey back hopefully.

Appreciate ur kind comments. For me speedway beats any other sport and it's been that way since I was first introduced to it in 1979. My first ever meeting was actually rained off, 

I live in the East Midlands so getting to see Poole away is more viable for me to do than most fans but still travel to Poole home meetings as well.

And the Lawson hoodie.......my own creation approved by Richard himself 👍

Edited by lbw
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scunny1 said:

I only had a 400 mile round trip, but well done to you on your commitment to visiting away tracks. Superfan of the year, safe journey back hopefully.

He cheats as lives in long Eaton 😁  but saying that travels to all Poole home meetings,  so every meeting is an away one. Top marks lbw  top fan 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lbw said:

Appreciate ur kind comments. For me speedway beats any other sport and it's been that way since I was first introduced to it in 1979. My first ever meeting was actually rained off, 

I live in the East Midlands so getting to see Poole away is more viable for me to do than most fans but still travel to Poole home meetings as well.

And the Lawson hoodie.......my own creation approved by Richard himself 👍

Admire your dedication ,true fan.Not many away travellers these days.👍👌

• Thanks 1