British Speedway Forum

Workington v Poole 14/09/24 3pm semi final 2nd leg play offs.

5 hours ago, Neila said:

Not gonna get called off worky not scared of a wet track 😁  come on the comets, poole fans are wanting it called off, it will be the poole riders next 😜 lets get into them we can pull 14 points back UTC

You were saying, i think it was the Workington riders that didn't like the wet track 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IainB said:

Clearly was he was still going around turn 3 under power... according to Roynon next time a rider coasts home for a point or runs with the bike to claim a point they should be excluded?

It depends how you define under power, if the engine is still running surely it's "under power"?

Are you the new Christian Turnball 😂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On a different note, away from the bickering, today was a good meeting was some nice racing at times. Foord rounding Edwards to nick it on the line was the best heat of the meeting.

Also sounds like we may have our second signing for next season. The way cookie was speaking its just a matter of when not if. 

Commiserations to the Comets. They have been a credit to the sport this season.  Injuries certainly haven't helped them especially losing Tate early on in the year.

I hope to see us lock horns next season and I definitely will be Coming up to the Gt Tyres arena at Northside next season.

Well done to the Pirates.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Neila said:

But loves worky,  dry or wet. FYI drying up nicely,  will be  fantastic track conditions at 3 o clock  as you will see if your travelling up 😜 ohh forgot you watch from your armchair

Nope not seen anything yet. Will catch up later when I'm not so busy 😀

Well I didn't see that result coming I thought that Workington would make a better fist of it. The guest riders didn't really fulfill expectations. 

Oxford will be much more of a challenge, Pirates will need to be firing on all cylinders, just hope Sam comes into a bit of form, Tobias grinds out a few points and Vinnie keeps out of the fences. 

Congratulations to Poole what a quality team any true non blinkered speedway fan would admit that. So it looks like it will be Oxford in opposition no one can really argue about that I do worry a little about hagon but I’m sure his teammates will help him out,going to be a great final may the best team win.well done today Poole.

• Like 2

Well, fair play to Poole. There’s a reason they’re hot favourites. Brennan and Ben Cook are unbelievable, can’t see them 2 back in the championship next season. Comets had a great first season back, after being wrote off by so many at the start of the season to be contesting the spoon. Injuries certainly didn’t help the cause and if Tate was fit, it makes you wonder what could have been. Never mind, onto next season and to see what team the promotion can rattle together given we’ve got time. Roll on 2025.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Bitza said:

Well I didn't see that result coming I thought that Workington would make a better fist of it. The guest riders didn't really fulfill expectations. 

Oxford will be much more of a challenge, Pirates will need to be firing on all cylinders, just hope Sam comes into a bit of form, Tobias grinds out a few points and Vinnie keeps out of the fences. 

Really impressed with young Vinnie today. I seen him at Workington last season in the NDL and he’s come on leaps and bounds. Couldn’t help but applaud him for his last bend swoop in heat 8. If only some of the comets riders could of shown that fight.

• Like 2