British Speedway Forum

Workington v Poole 14/09/24 3pm semi final 2nd leg play offs.

Poole come to Workington on Saturday afternoon with a big 14 point lead to defend which will prove very difficult for the Comets to overhaul.

It will need a massive effort from all the Comets and guests to make it past the Pirates who on their last visits to Workington have won easily and got a draw.

Call out to all Worky fans get down to the Northside Arena on Saturday and support the lads.

• Like 5

So much rests on the Worky guests. My guess would be Edwards for Claus, Dan Thompson forTate and ideally Pickering for Cook however I’ve been told Picko is concentrating all his weekend efforts on the CLRC so might be Bomber or Wright. Looks like it will go all the way.

1 hour ago, Dickie Head said:

So much rests on the Worky guests. My guess would be Edwards for Claus, Dan Thompson forTate and ideally Pickering for Cook however I’ve been told Picko is concentrating all his weekend efforts on the CLRC so might be Bomber or Wright. Looks like it will go all the way.

Or Sheffield have said 'no guesting'. I'd go for Bomber, the playoffs wouldn't be the same without him! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

Concentrating all his weekend efforts on the CLRC is somewhat hard to believe somehow.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

Concentrating all his weekend efforts on the CLRC is somewhat hard to believe somehow.

Take it with a pinch of salt, like the majority of the “I’ve heard this” dribble

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

Don't think it can be Edwards can it? With the 7 or 8 day rule or whatever it is.

19 minutes ago, magnus said:

I heard at the Leicester meeting tonight Workington require a new air fence for next season??

If worky do need one, several other tracks need a new one more, starting at Plymouth and scunny  !!!

1 hour ago, magnus said:

I heard at the Leicester meeting tonight Workington require a new air fence for next season??

They don’t need one, they’re wanting to upgrade the current one.

• Like 1