British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue -V Sheffield POSFs

13 minutes ago, IainB said:

What about all of the marketing and fans being able to make arrangements though? 'k'em I guess! I hope their trumpets and whistles arrive in time :D

Wroclaw have moved the meeting to Friday not Sheffield.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

Yes they can and hence why Wroclaw aren’t riding Thursday now and never were. And Friday was always down on the calendar for Ekstraliga play offs, so I guess I was right. I’ll leave it as that.

No your not right at all, Thursday is polands rain off race night,

Morris as intervened and they have taken Friday this time, but as shown this season alone and will be proved again next years. Thursday is Poland’s race night now 

• Like 2

B/vue formed some sort of arrangement Wroclaw when we had Damien Drodz off them and have always  had  good relationship with them regards Bewley and Fricke when riding for us now Whether that helped who knows ?  or the relationship has broken down ? and it was Morris who sorted it ? either way it gives us a chance against Sheffield?

27 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

Yes they can and hence why Wroclaw aren’t riding Thursday now and never were. And Friday was always down on the calendar for Ekstraliga play offs, so I guess I was right. I’ll leave it as that.

No. They cannot...

If Poland decide to run on Thursday then the UK have to allow them to use riders they share.  

In this scenario you can hope that someone discussed the situation and a "common sense" agreement was reached ..

If so, a good step for the sport in the UK, as it looks like the Poles are receptive to discuss things...

However. If the Poles were adamant they were using Thursday then the FIM would have supported them and ruled in their favour...

Fridays and Sundays are the Play Off days in Poland, but Thursday is their rearranged day for any meetings called off on Friday or Sunday..

Nice to see some negotiation has sorted the issue..

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Morris as intervened and they have taken Friday this time, but as shown this season alone and will be proved again next years. Thursday is Poland’s race night now 

I would like one answer on this question:

How have I attended a Stal meeting on a Monday night due to it being rained off on the Sunday?

when you have the answer let me know

Edited by ShanoXtra

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Morris has nothing to do with Ekstraliga so he wouldn’t be influencing Wroclaw. The same people moaning about him ruining GB speedway and you think he would have the power to make this decision?

FIM stated this year Thursday is agreed GB priority date. Wroclaw are riding Friday as it’s FIM stated on their calendar. It’s not difficult.

Edited by ShanoXtra
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

Morris has nothing to do with Ekstraliga so he wouldn’t be influencing Wroclaw. The same people moaning about him ruining GB speedway and you think he would have the power to make this decision?

FIM stated this year Thursday is agreed GB priority date. Wroclaw are riding Friday as it’s FIM stated on their calendar. It’s not difficult.

To spotkanie odbędzie się pięć dni później - w piątek, 20 września o godz. 20:30 (szczegóły poniżej). Już w niedzielę 22 września natomiast przeprowadzone zostaną pierwsze mecze finałowe oraz o 3. miejsce.

Now show me your facts of Thursday night?

14 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

TThe meeting will take place five days later - on Friday, September 20 at 8:30 p.m. (details below). On Sunday, September 22, the first matches of the finals and for the 3rd place will be held.

Now show me your facts of Thursday night?

well yes they have moved to friday due to a chat with phil morris, no where does that state friday is our arranged day for any rain offs,

im telling you now 100000000000% if there is a clash on a thursday poland have priority, as shown when chest cough rearranged a meeting then and riders were missing from UK from it 

4 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

well yes they have moved to friday due to a chat with phil morris, no where does that state friday is our arranged day for any rain offs,

im telling you now 100000000000% if there is a clash on a thursday poland have priority, as shown when chest cough rearranged a meeting then and riders were missing from UK from it 

Ohhh sorry. I didn’t realise it was Phil Morris and you now calling the shots For Britain and Poland :D

Now with your explanation and the 1000000000%, I retract all of my facts and the FIM official 2024 calendar and I believe and trust you :D so sorry for the mix up! Silly me. 

I’ll let Chris Louis and the lads know not to turn on Thursdays next year as well!

21 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

Ohhh sorry. I didn’t realise it was Phil Morris and you now calling the shots For Britain and Poland :D

Now with your explanation and the 1000000000%, I retract all of my facts and the FIM official 2024 calendar and I believe and trust you :D so sorry for the mix up! Silly me. 

I’ll let Chris Louis and the lads know not to turn on Thursdays next year as well!

I think you getting yourself totally mixed up here. 

they dont race every Thursday. But if there is a rain off and the reschedule for a Thursday then they have priority. Obviously it will be a rare occurrence but as we have seen this season there have been clashes on Thursday resulting in missing riders in Uk. 

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

Check this as I said earlier Thursday August 8th Czestohowa vs Zielona Gora rearranged Pawlicki was pulled out of Brummies match at Leicester not that he was missed.

19 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

Hey @ShanoXtra come lately with your 152 posts @Phil The Ace really does know what he's talking about and generally with his 4,800+ posts what he says on here has a kernel of truth and more often than not happens

1 minute ago, IainB said:

Hey @ShanoXtra come lately with your 152 posts @Phil The Ace really does know what he's talking about and generally with his 4,800+ posts what he says on here has a kernel of truth and more often than not happens

I’m only saying I’ve lived in Gorzów and seen rain offs happen on Mondays not just Thursdays so it’s not a priority date. I’m sure things will only happen on the odd occurrence.

I get this place is like a little tight community and everyone’s been on here since day dot so I don’t expect any backing if I comment about much. And I don’t mind :D just making my way through life!

I just add from my time living in Poland with a girlfriend who worked in stal Gorzów and has a degree in sport contracts for speedway riders and tennis players. So I know a bit about things, never claim to be right always though! And I don’t mind butting out of the forum completely if I’m offending people :D I’ll just read the comments :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ShanoXtra said:

Where is this stated though? In the speedway 2024 calendar Poland doesn't have Thursdays and Britain is still agreed priority dates. Play off agreed priority dates  2024 are only Friday /  or Sunday for Poland. FIM has Saturdays. These are the only days in all of the leagues that are agreed priority dates. The others are simply priority dates and not ‘agreed’. In theory, Britain can pull rank over Poland riders in the plays off on a Thursday (but only Thursdays). Poland wouldn’t officially be able to do anything about it. Now if Britain bow down to Poland that’s another story altogether. 

Exactly. Although Britain won’t stand up to the Poles but UK has priority on a Thursday even tho the Poles expect us to relinquish riders. 

7 minutes ago, ShanoXtra said:

I’m only saying I’ve lived in Gorzów and seen rain offs happen on Mondays not just Thursdays so it’s not a priority date. I’m sure things will only happen on the odd occurrence.

I get this place is like a little tight community and everyone’s been on here since day dot so I don’t expect any backing if I comment about much. And I don’t mind :D just making my way through life!

I just add from my time living in Poland with a girlfriend who worked in stal Gorzów and has a degree in sport contracts for speedway riders and tennis players. So I know a bit about things, never claim to be right always though! And I don’t mind butting out of the forum completely if I’m offending people :D I’ll just read the comments :D

Just thought you were being a little disrespectful to one of the better sources of information for this forum

4 minutes ago, IainB said:

Just thought you were being a little disrespectful to one of the better sources of information for this forum

Don’t worry. Don’t feel disrespected at all. It’s all fun. Luckily I know I’m right ;)

• Haha 1

I think you’re both right tbh. 

The FIM fixture list has Thursday 19/09/24 set aside for UK & Swedish fixtures and the Poles down for Friday 20/09/24. https://www.fim-moto.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Documents/2024/2024_Speedway_Leagues_calendar_-_29.05.2024.pdf?t=1719520222

The most recent list 10/09/24 states the same for those dates. 

However…

The fixture list also has Thursday 08/08/24 as UK and Sweden but as we now know, Poland rearranged a meeting for that date following a rain off and took rider(s) lined up for the UK. This result was added to the FIM fixture list. 

https://www.fim-moto.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Documents/2024/2024_Speedway_Leagues_calendar_-_10.09.2024.pdf?t=1725976952

I cannot find any official statement about Thursday for this season but it looks like the FIM planned our days and Poland just did what they want. 

Glad the fixture has been moved and like has been said it’s a step in the right direction with regards working together. 

• Like 1