British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue -V Sheffield POSFs

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Surely a 6 point rider would be expected to score 7 at home & 5 away. So while 5 points wasn't a good performance how can one point off your average be "well below par" especially riding at number 5, meaning he meets Bewley & Kurtz twice?

Although play off Harris can often perform miracles which is why he is number one choice as guest.

It does make me giggle however because if Harris has scored double figures (and again on Thursday) he will be hailed as a super hero and almost expected of him yet when he has a poor meeting the excuses come out and point to the fact that he is only a 6 point rider these days.

As previously pointed out out he scored 7 on his last visit to the NSS and beat Bewley, Lidsey and Cook.

obviously he got a hatful in last years play offs. 

People seem to make excuses for him when he doesn’t score well which I find very odd.

• Like 1

What a fantastic meeting this was, a great advert for our sport.  A big crowd, great atmosphere, top class racing, no controversial moments, banter between home and away fans, couldn't ask for more, it really felt like the big occasion it should.  I am happy with a 12 point lead as it gives the Aces a chance, Sheffield still slight favorites, but pulling back a lead of anything over 10 in play offs is not easy.

As for the Jack Holder, worky fan issue, too me its something about nothing.  The way I see it, without calling anyone a liar, Jack was asked for his teamsheet and could he sign it, he took the sheet down signed it then gave it to the child, why would he go to those efforts to then screw it up and throw it at the kid, it doesn't make sense.  The easy option for Jack would have been to ignore the request and walk away, now maybe he didn't smile when he passed it over, but this was within a number of minutes after he'd been 5-1'd in heat 15, so he was probably still a bit pissed off.

Anyway on to Thursday. 

• Like 7

Now here’s Jack’s side of the accusations, the people concerned might have made a mountain out of a molehill but gone very low aiming comments at family who were nothing to do with the initial incident.

@Sheffield Speedway 
Can’t believe I have to post this about the false allegations against me, Always 2 sides to every story, this have been made into a bigger issue then it has to be. So after heat 15 I had come into the pits, took my helmet off and there was a kid at the fence asking for the racecard which I gave to him through a chain wire fence, I turned back around to talk with my teammates, the kid then asked for me to sign the racecard which I did and then handed it back through the fence which had then ripped so I picked both pieces up and gave them back to the kid, who looked very happy! The dad then came to the fence and was abusing me. I asked him what the issue was and he stated that I threw the racecard at his son and his son was crying. I turned back around to my team to talk about the meeting but apparently tried to bring my team manager and my brother into the argument which is also false. How can I throw a program at a kid through a chain wire fence? This has to be very clear! There was no security called or anything like he claimed, Then after getting home from the meeting the father has even gone as far as  repeatedly commenting on my partner and my son’s photos with disgusting comments. Since the meeting he has gone on a rampage trying to spread false information all over social media. The way they have interpreted the interaction is so far from the truth it’s actually a joke. Also threatening my team manager Simon stead and laughing about it as it’s all over social media. So I am unsure if this is supposed to be a funny thing or a now serious thing.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, 4BM said:

Now here’s Jack’s side of the accusations, the people concerned might have made a mountain out of a molehill but gone very low aiming comments at family who were nothing to do with the initial incident.

@Sheffield Speedway 
Can’t believe I have to post this about the false allegations against me, Always 2 sides to every story, this have been made into a bigger issue then it has to be. So after heat 15 I had come into the pits, took my helmet off and there was a kid at the fence asking for the racecard which I gave to him through a chain wire fence, I turned back around to talk with my teammates, the kid then asked for me to sign the racecard which I did and then handed it back through the fence which had then ripped so I picked both pieces up and gave them back to the kid, who looked very happy! The dad then came to the fence and was abusing me. I asked him what the issue was and he stated that I threw the racecard at his son and his son was crying. I turned back around to my team to talk about the meeting but apparently tried to bring my team manager and my brother into the argument which is also false. How can I throw a program at a kid through a chain wire fence? This has to be very clear! There was no security called or anything like he claimed, Then after getting home from the meeting the father has even gone as far as  repeatedly commenting on my partner and my son’s photos with disgusting comments. Since the meeting he has gone on a rampage trying to spread false information all over social media. The way they have interpreted the interaction is so far from the truth it’s actually a joke. Also threatening my team manager Simon stead and laughing about it as it’s all over social media. So I am unsure if this is supposed to be a funny thing or a now serious thing.

The dad sounds like a proper prat...

Best wishes to the kid as he grows up with that as his role model...

If you are peed off then tell Jack why to his face, and move on..

No need for a public outburst...

• Like 4

Like someone said earlier in the thread, definitely looking for a freebie via the cancel culture route. You bought a ticket, enjoyed the meeting as you stated but you aren’t owed anything else and nor are your kids. Glad Jack has set the record straight, ultimately he has more to lose than some Karen on Facebook looking for a freebie.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 4BM said:

@Sheffield Speedway 

Jack saying there exactly what I thought the first time I read about this. How can you throw a team sheet through a wire fence? Must have been one hell of a throw.

3 hours ago, Grachan said:

Jack saying there exactly what I thought the first time I read about this. How can you throw a team sheet through a wire fence? Must have been one hell of a throw.

I would imagine he will reflect on this, and next time it happens do what he should really have done this time....

ie. Have the team sheet glass framed (in solid vintage royal oak), and have all the riders from both teams, the ref, the time keeper, the start marshal and the clerk of the course, all sign it....

With a little message, not just their names...

• Like 1

Some comments on here are damn right derogatory, I don't for one minute believe this was the actual turn of events that fence is a wire one how the actual fk can you chuck a race card through it, and for comments on here aimed at the Holder family it's disgusting.

With all this blowing up on social media and the parents mainly the father acting the way he is on social media is making this so called incident more farcical by the second and is just portraying the type if people we are dealing with here.

I am afraid lack of braincells comes to mind. 

Having now seen the original Facebook post from the mother (and replies) and then reading JHR response and those who were there it’s pretty obvious they are making up a story to get Jack in trouble.

absolute disgrace. If I was Jack I’d share her post so everyone can see what defamation of character looks like.

such a disgrace for this excuse of a family.