British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue -V Sheffield POSFs

8 hours ago, Rob B said:

From Workington fan:

Thought taking the kids to Belle Vue Speedway tonight to watch the play off semi finals would be a great experience for them and Reggie obviously wanted to see the riders afterwards as he usually does. The first rider Reggie went to talk to was Jack Holder Racing and Reggie asked for his team sheet, Jack ripped it off the wall, screwed it up and went to throw it at Reggie. Reggie asked him to sign it and he signed it, very aggressively threw it through the gate bars making it rip, and turned his back to Reggie. Obviously seeing that made us extremely ma, Reggie was crying. Shane went to see Jack to ask him why he has upset a child and he was defended by his brother Chris Holder and team manager Simon Stead. We have made an official complaint to the club about the behaviour and fully expect an apology from Jack.Monster Energy Sheffield Speedway British Speedway Speedway Star FIM Speedway Grand Prixay 
Speedway Motor Lublin

Please share!

Words fail me hope your son OK :t:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rob B said:

From Workington fan:

Thought taking the kids to Belle Vue Speedway tonight to watch the play off semi finals would be a great experience for them and Reggie obviously wanted to see the riders afterwards as he usually does. The first rider Reggie went to talk to was Jack Holder Racing and Reggie asked for his team sheet, Jack ripped it off the wall, screwed it up and went to throw it at Reggie. Reggie asked him to sign it and he signed it, very aggressively threw it through the gate bars making it rip, and turned his back to Reggie. Obviously seeing that made us extremely ma, Reggie was crying. Shane went to see Jack to ask him why he has upset a child and he was defended by his brother Chris Holder and team manager Simon Stead. We have made an official complaint to the club about the behaviour and fully expect an apology from Jack.Monster Energy Sheffield Speedway British Speedway Speedway Star FIM Speedway Grand Prixay 
Speedway Motor Lublin

Please share!

Certain riders just couldn't give a monkeys about the fans.

1 hour ago, DaveWayne said:

I don't think Harris was signed up for the playoffs in order to have a huge impact last night. It was always going to be difficult to find a guest who would 'do a job' everywhere, but Harris does ride well at Sheffield, Leicester, and Ipswich if it had been needed.

With regards to putting Chris Holder at 5, this was tried a few times this season but it had an adverse impact as it broke up the Holder/Pickering partnership that works so well at 3 and 4. 

I have no doubt that Chris Holder & Pickering is a very strong partnership & splitting them no doubt weakens the middle order, but to not split them leaves a vulnerable pairing of Harris & the reserves anyway.

Guess the management have to work out what's best for them.

1 hour ago, orion said:

12 points gives Belle Vue the edge Sheff have made a big mistake by Having Harris rather than RR.

Maybe he only agreed to guest if it was for both legs and not just the Home leg?

Did Ipswich offer him both legs of the SF against Leicester and that forced Sheffield's hand? I don't know why he was booked for the Belle Vue trip otherwise because he doesn't like the NSS.

Bomber will fill his boots around Sheffield though imo.

Impressed with Voulas last night rode inside and out, definitely a different level to the Sheffield reserves.  Lidsey came to the party at the later end of the meeting which massively helped Belle Vue gain the 12 points.

Going to be all on on Thursday for Sheffield to get the 12+ points back, this one should go down to the wire! 

Edited by 4BM

10 hours ago, Rob B said:

From Workington fan:

Speedway Motor Lublin

Please share!

Got to being an arse with kids now

11 hours ago, gjcone44 said:

lidsey better than expected but cook not so good.

38 minutes ago, TTT said:

Yeah that's true tbh.

Didn't he get 7 which was OK I thought.

39 minutes ago, TTT said:

What happened in the past for everyone to start disliking Jack Holder? He seems universally hated and I don't know why.

Was it something in his Poole days?

Don't blame us! ;) He was just as bad at Poole, i think there was a time when he was swearing at MF in an argument. He just hasn't changed at all. Although I don't remember any problems with fans.

Considering he has a child now you would think he would be nicer to other people's. :unsure:

43 minutes ago, Roundthebend said:

Got to being an arse with kids now

Any evidence to support this, or just a typical internet rant that could be completely made up and has gained traction from others who don't like him ?

Maybe he was rude, but then again, maybe he was approached a few minutes after returning to the pits after just being done 5-1 in heat 15 ? These riders are putting themselves on the line every time they race, and I would imagine are pretty fired up inside after a bad race. Sometimes fans need to think whether it is a good time to approach a rider or not. Holder is not renowned for being over friendly, so common sense suggests that may have been a bad moment. 

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Didn't he get 7 which was OK I thought.

Don't blame us! ;) He was just as bad at Poole, i think there was a time when he was swearing at MF in an argument. He just hasn't changed at all. Although I don't remember any problems with fans.

Considering he has a child now you would think he would be nicer to other people's. :unsure:

I seem to remember in our premiership days, Holder and Kurtz letting us down at Ipswich in the playoffs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Maybe he only agreed to guest if it was for both legs and not just the Home leg?

Did Ipswich offer him both legs of the SF against Leicester and that forced Sheffield's hand? I don't know why he was booked for the Belle Vue trip otherwise because he doesn't like the NSS.

Bomber will fill his boots around Sheffield though imo.

Not sure about his guests score are at Sheff this  etc but for Oxford this year he's  scored 3 and 10 is pretty hit and miss. RR is much better for Sheff imo 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I have no doubt that Chris Holder & Pickering is a very strong partnership & splitting them no doubt weakens the middle order, but to not split them leaves a vulnerable pairing of Harris & the reserves anyway.

Guess the management have to work out what's best for them.

Completely agree, if Sheffield advance Bomber at 5 may not get many points at Leicester.  

25 minutes ago, DaveWayne said:

Any evidence to support this, or just a typical internet rant that could be completely made up and has gained traction from others who don't like him ?

Maybe he was rude, but then again, maybe he was approached a few minutes after returning to the pits after just being done 5-1 in heat 15 ? These riders are putting themselves on the line every time they race, and I would imagine are pretty fired up inside after a bad race. Sometimes fans need to think whether it is a good time to approach a rider or not. Holder is not renowned for being over friendly, so common sense suggests that may have been a bad moment. 

I dont think its a one off, there is plenty of evidence the guy is an absolute spanner. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, DaveWayne said:

Other than the family who it happened too? When will people stop defending the holder clan. They’re all a bunch on entitled 🔔 ends, they always have been and they always will be. Jack being the worst out of the lot of them.

• Like 2