British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue -V Sheffield POSFs

Some decent racing at times tonight and I think Belle Vue won by as many as they had realistically hoped for. Should be enough to make it a competitive second leg for a while but still think Sheffield will comfortably overcome the deficit in the end.

Mind you, if Sheffield still have "..... and Harris at the back" as their guest on Thursday then that should make it a little harder for them to claw back the 12 points! 

Decent enough meeting that certainly livened up in the 2nd half.  Will 12 points be enough?

pickering bike issues definetly cost the Tigers big points. Howarth was pretty bad.

Play off Harris a big let down. Reminded me of his performance for Wolves one year. 

My money is still on the Tigers but they will need to be all on it on Thursday. 
The Aces will be pretty happy with 12 points tho.

Edited by stevebrum
Added detail

Fantastic meeting and some great racing. Both teams deserve credit for giving it a real go and the track staff produced a perfect track surface.

Don't think that 12 points will be enough, but it will be close and go down to the last 2 / 3 heats, but It's certainly defendable if Lidsey, Vuolas and Mulford can replicate their efforts tonight,  but I'm not so sure.

Edited by Garry1603
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He is plonker of the highest order,began to think the whole family are that when you see and read about them.

Spot on😉

Why does Abby always have the look on her face that someone has exposed themselves on a train journey🤨

• Haha 1

Advantage Belle Vue for me at the moment.

But we have come back from bigger more in the past.

I thought the first half of the meeting was very gate and go, but the racing came alive in the second half of the meeting.

As for Jack Holder not shaking hands after the race, who cares.

This sport not love island.

Personally I don't give a damn.

• Like 3

Good meeting some great racing 

Hoping Belle Vue have done enough 

As for Jack Holder the guy is just not a nice human being 

After the cup final and being an Ipswich fan I spoke and congratulated Chris Holder and Steady and had a good chat … Jack walked past I said well done and he simply smirked 

Every race tonight didn’t acknowledge any of his opponents where as his brother shook hands and when Lidsey beat him he fist pumped him

Chris Holder top bloke … Jack Holder arse

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From Workington fan:

Thought taking the kids to Belle Vue Speedway tonight to watch the play off semi finals would be a great experience for them and Reggie obviously wanted to see the riders afterwards as he usually does. The first rider Reggie went to talk to was Jack Holder Racing and Reggie asked for his team sheet, Jack ripped it off the wall, screwed it up and went to throw it at Reggie. Reggie asked him to sign it and he signed it, very aggressively threw it through the gate bars making it rip, and turned his back to Reggie. Obviously seeing that made us extremely ma, Reggie was crying. Shane went to see Jack to ask him why he has upset a child and he was defended by his brother Chris Holder and team manager Simon Stead. We have made an official complaint to the club about the behaviour and fully expect an apology from Jack.Monster Energy Sheffield Speedway British Speedway Speedway Star FIM Speedway Grand Prixay 
Speedway Motor Lublin

Please share!

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

Decent enough meeting that certainly livened up in the 2nd half.  Will 12 points be enough?

pickering bike issues definetly cost the Tigers big points. Howarth was pretty bad.

Play off Harris a big let down. Reminded me of his performance for Wolves one year. 

I dont think 12 points will be enough, Pickering will have his bike sorted, Howarth will be better, and Harris i feel will finally come to the play off party as he normally does. BV need to pack the minor places and no lasts to have a chance but i think a comfortable Sheffield win, overall we have been terrible away this season.

8 hours ago, ytsejam said:

Some decent racing at times tonight and I think Belle Vue won by as many as they had realistically hoped for. Should be enough to make it a competitive second leg for a while but still think Sheffield will comfortably overcome the deficit in the end.

Mind you, if Sheffield still have "..... and Harris at the back" as their guest on Thursday then that should make it a little harder for them to claw back the 12 points! 

8 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I don't think Harris was that bad, don't forget he's a 6 point rider, so 5 points away from home riding in the difficult number 5 position isn't a major shock. I agree he wasn't great, but average wise he wouldn't be expected to beat any Belle Vue heat leaders.

In Thursday I'd certainly put Chris Holder at 5 & move Harris to a "second string" position.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rob B said:

From Workington fan:

Thought taking the kids to Belle Vue Speedway tonight to watch the play off semi finals would be a great experience for them and Reggie obviously wanted to see the riders afterwards as he usually does. The first rider Reggie went to talk to was Jack Holder Racing and Reggie asked for his team sheet, Jack ripped it off the wall, screwed it up and went to throw it at Reggie. Reggie asked him to sign it and he signed it, very aggressively threw it through the gate bars making it rip, and turned his back to Reggie. Obviously seeing that made us extremely ma, Reggie was crying. Shane went to see Jack to ask him why he has upset a child and he was defended by his brother Chris Holder and team manager Simon Stead. We have made an official complaint to the club about the behaviour and fully expect an apology from Jack.Monster Energy Sheffield Speedway British Speedway Speedway Star FIM Speedway Grand Prixay 
Speedway Motor Lublin

Please share!

Saw this on Facebook. Shocking way to treat a child. As for his mechanic, apparently he's quit!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't think Harris was that bad, don't forget he's a 6 point rider, so 5 points away from home riding in the difficult number 5 position isn't a major shock. I agree he wasn't great, but average wise he wouldn't be expected to beat any Belle Vue heat leaders.

In Thursday I'd certainly put Chris Holder at 5 & move Harris to a "second string" position.

I don't think Harris was signed up for the playoffs in order to have a huge impact last night. It was always going to be difficult to find a guest who would 'do a job' everywhere, but Harris does ride well at Sheffield, Leicester, and Ipswich if it had been needed.

With regards to putting Chris Holder at 5, this was tried a few times this season but it had an adverse impact as it broke up the Holder/Pickering partnership that works so well at 3 and 4. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stevebrum said:

you obviously bear a childish grudge but that's harsh, not sure who else he was meant to beat, he's not at his previous levels any more 

Decent Meeting, and might have encouraged me to travel up to Sheffield on Thursday for the 2nd leg.

Previous result's, like our failings last year in the final to hold onto an 18 point lead is irrelevant in my opinion, 12 points could be enough, and thats why i think i will go, as you just don't know.

On Jack Holder, when Sheffield humped us in the 1st leg of the Cup Final the other week, Chris Holder  and Picko spoke no problem, but Jack was even having a problem talking to his own supporters, so i didnt bother, think sadly his ego is a bit big for his own good.

Onto Thursday and i nice drive to Sheffield is on the cards.