British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue -V Sheffield POSFs

There has always been the odd rider who nobody can take to, Jack Holder is the latest in a long line, first one I can remember was Tommy Roper, always got the bird from opposition supporters, even Ivan Mauger was far from universally popular despite rather than because of his success, Hans Nielsen another.ย 

I don't think Jack Holders cares in the slightest what people think of him, couldn't be more different to his brother.

Cracking meeting, thoroughly enjoyed the racing, Vuolas set the tone in ht 2, for me that was the ride of the night.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nw42 said:

There has always been the odd rider who nobody can take to, Jack Holder is the latest in a long line, first one I can remember was Tommy Roper, always got the bird from opposition supporters, even Ivan Mauger was far from universally popular despite rather than because of his success, Hans Nielsen another.ย 

I don't think Jack Holders cares in the slightest what people think of him, couldn't be more different to his brother.

Cracking meeting, thoroughly enjoyed the racing, Vuolas set the tone in ht 2, for me that was the ride of the night.

Remember being at Belle Vue once when Tommy Roper had some fisticuffs with a team mate but can't remember who it was.

14 minutes ago, Roundthebend said:

Didnโ€™t Ipswich take an 18 point lead last season in the final at Sheffield and still lost

And Belle Vue took 51-39 lead in 2022, same as this year and finished 50-40 at Sheffield.

Edited by Rob B