British Speedway Forum

Oxford vs Scunthorpe - Playoff S/F 1st leg - 11/9

14 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Two years on the bounce it’s happened for Scunthorpe at Oxford and again away fans will have to fight to get there money back rather than a complimentary ticket for the next meeting . Also agree with the other post looks like Oxford wanted it off  ??
when are Heeps and Jenkins expected back on track

Why's it a fight to get a refund ? I had an email within 30 minutes of the call off saying tickets are valid for the rerun next wednesday or to contact them on the email address supplied for a refund, doesn't seem a fight to me. Maybe you're sponsored by Spear & Jackson so have a new shovel to have a dig with.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Why's it a fight to get a refund ? I had an email within 30 minutes of the call off saying tickets are valid for the rerun next wednesday or to contact them on the email address supplied for a refund, doesn't seem a fight to me. Maybe you're sponsored by Spear & Jackson so have a new shovel to have a dig with.

Was first offered a ticket to the next home meeting replied ,sorry unacceptable as I was in Oxford for that day only . Then two more offers one to the restaging of the fixture or any Oxford home meeting .Again I refused as I’m based 188 miles away in Hull eventually I got a refund 21 days later 

3 hours ago, WembleyLion said:

No more of a cost than they had planned unless they are going to give a second free drink next week as well!

The catering profits will be greater over the two weeks though! 😄

Seems unnecessarily cynical,  plus you can't put a value on goodwill lost- so no business gain to that in my view

17 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

Seems unnecessarily cynical,  plus you can't put a value on goodwill lost- so no business gain to that in my view

Plus I'd much rather it was called off beforehand. If they raced one heat and then decided to abandon it, we'd have all got a £9 refund as opposed to a ticket for the re-staging/full refund. Right call in my opinion.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 3

On 9/12/2024 at 8:47 AM, Pirates Of Poole said:

Plus a BSN final to also get into the schedule. So that is likely to take us to the 23rd October and likely 30th October as I'm sure the rain will play a further part in delays.

It's not a knock at Oxford at all, The Championship just never seems to get its self in gear and get everything done by end of September! fair flay to the Prem which have, which was down to no movement on the cut off by a further week. 

Both league cut offs were in the same week.

The Championship final will still be in the same week as the Premiership one.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2024 at 11:33 AM, Sir Sidney said:

I actually agree as Oxford’s it’s on until it’s off policy unfortunately does damage goodwill to some extent on the occasions when it backfires. One only has to read the comments on social media to appreciate that.

However, with the second leg now taking place on next Wednesday and the Cheetahs putting in a very good performance at Scunthorpe last night I expect a bumper crowd on Wednesday to turn up to see them advance to the final! The weather also looks pretty good next week which always helps!

Edited by WembleyLion
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

You’re either thick or didn’t see the crash.

I didn’t see the crash. However how can they say they will be back for Wednesday. How can you put a time limit on it 

Edited by Roundthebend

49 minutes ago, Roundthebend said:

I didn’t see the crash. However how can they say they will be back for Wednesday. How can you put a time limit on it 

Think the riders indicated they would be Ok for Wed.Sam was interviewed wanted to ride in the semi final heat but the paramedic said no.Macgregor said that was only for todays meeting though that he was stood down.