On 9/18/2024 at 9:08 PM, Nickinho said:

1 - S. Worrall

2 - Foreign 4-pointer

3 - Riss

4 - Lasse

5 - Sedgman 

6 - Pijper

7 - Perry

No thanks, bottom end is very weak… I’d have Theo or Stene before I’d have Ace.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Girdy17 said:

Quiet in here no many thoughts 

I can’t see where we will get a new number 1 from unless Sam returns (unlikely). Also struggling to see where another heat leader will come from…

I hope we can bring in some riders new to the league to freshen things up. I don’t think I could handle another season with the same dross we’ve put together for the last few years. 

4 hours ago, GM95 said:

I can’t see where we will get a new number 1 from unless Sam returns (unlikely). Also struggling to see where another heat leader will come from…

I hope we can bring in some riders new to the league to freshen things up. I don’t think I could handle another season with the same dross we’ve put together for the last few years. 

4 hours ago, GM95 said:

47 minutes ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Fully agree with your point about the potential lack of heat leaders in general for 2025 i.e. to allow a balanced share out over the 9 (8?) Championship teams to permit a competitive league.   These quick ( unofficial ) calculations suggest that there are likely to be 9 (nine ) x 8 to 9+ average riders ( as 4 are likely not returning for various reasons.  Looks like also eight (8) x 7 to 8 point riders making a total of 17 riders falling into the "heat leader"? category - with a further 10 (ten) x 6 to 7 point riders presumably falling into the "3rd Heat Leader ?" category.    Clearly we would not be blessed with an abundance of riches in this respect in 2025 if the latter does prove to be the case.  

Your suggestion about "freshening up" does seem a wise one, as if not acted on, the next stage would be more like "life support" !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

Fully agree with your point about the potential lack of heat leaders in general for 2025 i.e. to allow a balanced share out over the 9 (8?) Championship teams to permit a competitive league.   These quick ( unofficial ) calculations suggest that there are likely to be 9 (nine ) x 8 to 9+ average riders ( as 4 are likely not returning for various reasons.  Looks like also eight (8) x 7 to 8 point riders making a total of 17 riders falling into the "heat leader"? category - with a further 10 (ten) x 6 to 7 point riders presumably falling into the "3rd Heat Leader ?" category.    Clearly we would not be blessed with an abundance of riches in this respect in 2025 if the latter does prove to be the case.  

Your suggestion about "freshening up" does seem a wise one, as if not acted on, the next stage would be more like "life support" !

Lyden at 7.

• Haha 2

On 10/6/2024 at 3:22 PM, SlicktrackSandy said:

100%… I could see a lot of fans not returning if the team is anything like the last few years. We’ve been too loyal to riders recently and although Kye, Lasse and Paco have all shown they’re capable at different times, we cannot afford to have more than one of them in next years side.

The mentality at the club needs to change as well, we were competitive every season for a long time but now we’re happy to aim for the playoffs, with no real expectation of actually winning. It’s all well and good for John and Alex to talk the talk… it’s now time for them to have some ambition again.

On 10/11/2024 at 11:58 AM, GM95 said:

100%… I could see a lot of fans not returning if the team is anything like the last few years. We’ve been too loyal to riders recently and although Kye, Lasse and Paco have all shown they’re capable at different times, we cannot afford to have more than one of them in next years side.

The mentality at the club needs to change as well, we were competitive every season for a long time but now we’re happy to aim for the playoffs, with no real expectation of actually winning. It’s all well and good for John and Alex to talk the talk… it’s now time for them to have some ambition again.

While some fans want multiple Team changes I would question where they are going to find riders next season, don’t think anyone can see where a big influx of decent Heat Leaders are going to come from at the Terms on offer in Championship for any Team.

On 10/11/2024 at 11:58 AM, GM95 said:

I agree with all you say. However, we don't have the finances to build a good team anymore. Plus a lot of 'upper end' riders might deem us as too far up north. 

We've been so lucky recently with Cook, Masters, Pickering but I don't see that happening now.

8 hours ago, Monarchs2468 said:

I agree with all you say. However, we don't have the finances to build a good team anymore. Plus a lot of 'upper end' riders might deem us as too far up north. 

We've been so lucky recently with Cook, Masters, Pickering but I don't see that happening now.

Yes definitely has an impact. Hopefully there is some truth in the Masters rumours. If not then I’d be trying to work something out with the evil twin.

On 10/14/2024 at 10:25 PM, Fromafar said:

While some fans want multiple Team changes I would question where they are going to find riders next season, don’t think anyone can see where a big influx of decent Heat Leaders are going to come from at the Terms on offer in Championship for any Team.

It has been pointed out on more that one occasion that maybe there are just not enough riders available of the appropriate points average levels to make up 9 or 10 competitive Championship teams to the 38 point limit.  Some have suggested  5 rider teams for Championship would probably be easier to accommodate but that in turn would very likely reduce opportunities for rising stars from NDL.   Some teams could well be struggling to put out a decent side without signing overseas "imports".  A tricky juggling act in 2025.  Hopefully Scott Nicholls and Chris Harris have no plans to retire soon !

1 hour ago, SlicktrackSandy said:

It has been pointed out on more that one occasion that maybe there are just not enough riders available of the appropriate points average levels to make up 9 or 10 competitive Championship teams to the 38 point limit.  Some have suggested  5 rider teams for Championship would probably be easier to accommodate but that in turn would very likely reduce opportunities for rising stars from NDL.   Some teams could well be struggling to put out a decent side without signing overseas "imports".  A tricky juggling act in 2025.  Hopefully Scott Nicholls and Chris Harris have no plans to retire soon !

Don’t think many fans would like 5 man Teams.Just means riders ask for more money as a bargaining tool.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2024 at 7:37 PM, SlicktrackSandy said:

It has been pointed out on more that one occasion that maybe there are just not enough riders available of the appropriate points average levels to make up 9 or 10 competitive Championship teams to the 38 point limit.  Some have suggested  5 rider teams for Championship would probably be easier to accommodate but that in turn would very likely reduce opportunities for rising stars from NDL. Some teams could well be struggling to put out a decent side without signing overseas "imports".  A tricky juggling act in 2025.  Hopefully Scott Nicholls and Chris Harris have no plans to retire soon !

You really want all teams to be competitive, if there are not heat leaders available to replace the likes of Pickering, Brennan & Ben Cook, then bringing in more riders from the NDL & dropping the points limit is the best way to go.

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

You really want all teams to be competitive, if there are not heat leaders available to replace the likes of Pickering, Brennan & Ben Cook, then bringing in more riders from the NDL & dropping the points limit is the best way to go.

Not enough Championship ready riders in the NDL for a £20/22 sport, barely enough to cover the 2 pointers that may be needed, which is an issue that needs addressing. Think we may see  more young Aussie riders signed up in the Championship next season and possibly the odd new European competing in the Polish U24 league. The loss of Pickering and likely loss of Brennan and Cook is a bit of a blow as all are racers, however, 75 % of riders increased their averages last season so is dropping the points limit the best way to go ? not for me personally.

1 hour ago, SteelShoe said:

Not enough Championship ready riders in the NDL for a £20/22 sport, barely enough to cover the 2 pointers that may be needed, which is an issue that needs addressing. Think we may see  more young Aussie riders signed up in the Championship next season and possibly the odd new European competing in the Polish U24 league. The loss of Pickering and likely loss of Brennan and Cook is a bit of a blow as all are racers, however, 75 % of riders increased their averages last season so is dropping the points limit the best way to go ? not for me personally.

This year 9 2pt [or near as - I've included Trigger at 2.08] riders were needed.

If 2025 is similar, then we have:

McGurk, Hodder, Garrad, James

already in situ.

So with a further 5 needed, the first 5 available based on NDL averages would be [in order]:

Scott, Wood Spencer, Perry and Phillips.

(although I think Springer, Vale and Marson would be better bets than Phillips)

31 minutes ago, arnieg said:

This year 9 2pt [or near as - I've included Trigger at 2.08] riders were needed.

If 2025 is similar, then we have:

McGurk, Hodder, Garrad, James

already in situ.

So with a further 5 needed, the first 5 available based on NDL averages would be [in order]:

Scott, Wood Spencer, Perry and Phillips.

(although I think Springer, Vale and Marson would be better bets than Phillips)

Do you know that the riders you have classed as being in situ have clubs for next season ?