British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Workington Comets Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/24

On 9/12/2024 at 12:53 PM, lisa-colette said:

It was a few years ago on the Poole stream, I think it was Cami that said that he didn't want it going to 14-16 points, as it prob too much to make up. Also Middlo has said in the past keep it within 10, no more than that. 

Fair points, I guess if I was Cami or Middlo I'd say, "we want to give ourselves the best possible chance in the second leg, so we want to keep it within 10 points" I wouldn't even say "we don't want it going to 14-16 points, as it prob too much to make up" - that's just negative. I'd focus on the positives for the riders & fans.

On 9/12/2024 at 4:20 PM, SteelShoe said:

You forgetting about Sam McGurk, he certainly owes the promotion and fans a big home performance but I don't believe he has it in him unfortunately.

Sam McGurk scored 3+1 tonight in the third division. I wouldn’t hold out much hope of him scoring a point against Poole. Out of interest, has he beaten anyone fair and square this season?. The only time I've seen him beat anyone is Celina! other than her he looks so far off the pace. It can’t be good for him nor the team.

11 hours ago, tyler42 said:

Sam McGurk scored 3+1 tonight in the third division. I wouldn’t hold out much hope of him scoring a point against Poole. Out of interest, has he beaten anyone fair and square this season?. The only time I've seen him beat anyone is Celina! other than her he looks so far off the pace. It can’t be good for him nor the team.

Slightly selective quoting there -- Sam also scored paid nine from three finishes last night in the third division, plus a heavy fall while well-placed.

Edited by crescent girl

25 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Slightly selective quoting there -- Sam also scored paid nine from three finishes last night in the third division, plus a heavy fall while well-placed.

25 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Slightly selective quoting here from yourself,what about the 3 points he got in the second meeting against  strong Belle Vue NDL Team.