British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Workington Comets Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/24

13 hours ago, Gavan said:

No team should be able to get close to Poole over 2 legs now that Oxford are severely weakened with no Heeps and no Jenkins 

Oxford should be close, Heeps is usually poor at Poole anyway and Killeen was very good last time plus they have Scotty and Masters, grant you Workington should not cause too problems

Having pre meeting flat white in my local Costa 👍 

Yes certainly looking forward to tonight's encounter with the Comets ☄️ and looking to build up a solid lead for the 2nd leg. And am I reading right that Vinnie is back in the side tonight? Hope that is the case because he certainly is an entertaining rider who can score some very valuable points. 

C'mon the Boyzzzz ☠️ 👍 

18 minutes ago, lbw said:

Having pre meeting flat white in my local Costa 👍 

Yes certainly looking forward to tonight's encounter with the Comets ☄️ and looking to build up a solid lead for the 2nd leg. And am I reading right that Vinnie is back in the side tonight? Hope that is the case because he certainly is an entertaining rider who can score some very valuable points. 

C'mon the Boyzzzz ☠️ 👍 

Yes I would think that is a fair assumption, right time too. The biggest worry in Sam Hagon, hope he is better tonight.

The way Hagen is riding I won’t hold out any hope of points there. Chalk and cheese to earlier this season. Bereft of any form whatsoever. Like to be proven wrong but he gates poorly, then goes out wide on bend one/two so that he’s 20 metres behind going down the back straight. Doesn’t seem to want to mix it.

15 hours ago, Gavan said:

No team should be able to get close to Poole over 2 legs now that Oxford are severely weakened with no Heeps and no Jenkins 

agree gavan the team matt ford has put together this year is by a long way the best team in the league (to date) and not to win all three competitions imo would mean the team has failed,though still magnificent team building .

Am I right in thinking that by taking guest bookings, Messrs Kerr, Edwards and Flint (and J Thompson at Oxford) are prevented from riding for any other Championship semi-final team should a booking be offered?

26 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Am I right in thinking that by taking guest bookings, Messrs Kerr, Edwards and Flint (and J Thompson at Oxford) are prevented from riding for any other Championship semi-final team should a booking be offered?

Can only guest for 1 team in any 2 legged tie ie home and away. Can't see why they couldn't guest for a team in the other semi.

44 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Yes - if I've understood the rules correctly!

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

agree gavan the team matt ford has put together this year is by a long way the best team in the league (to date) and not to win all three competitions imo would mean the team has failed,though still magnificent team building .

It’s brilliant team building there is no question you have 4 good heat leaders and your 3 main ones are 7 plus point riders in the top league … no other side comes close to that fire power 

33 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Parrott. The Saddo

Nothing wrong with repetition that's why we Pirates ☠️ keep on winning.

And you spelt parrot incorrectly....... Uneducated. The Gift 

Edited by lbw
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Roundthebend said:

Easy pirates win 53-37

Compared to the previous results there this season that would be a good result... but we shall see what happens. 

Not being negative, just being realistic :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1