British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Workington Comets Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/24

1 minute ago, Roundthebend said:

Too much for worky to pull back

Probably.  but if Poole suffer a few bike issues at worky it's squeaky bum time. Come on the comets, also looks like the weather forecast is changing for the better on Saturday 

6 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

Poole still massive favourites 

Any word on guests for Saturday 

Hopefully Pickering at 1 again, Dan Thompson fits for Tate and then another for vissing, with some shrewd selections you can never say never 

2 minutes ago, Neila said:

Probably.  but if Poole suffer a few bike issues at worky it's squeaky bum time. Come on the comets, also looks like the weather forecast is changing for the better on Saturday 

Good luck

22 minutes ago, Neila said:

Get in 5-1 to comets ht 14 get a draw in ht 15 and squeaky bum time for Poole at worky 😜

Worky are a bit negative imo. Most teams when they are away in playoffs say no more than 8-10 points, but Worky are happy with 14? Never heard any team say that before, not even in the Prem. 

Interesting that Flint is a lot better at Poole when not riding for Glasgow! Five points more and way better than Vissing. 

I would say Tate be getting 8-10 points at Poole on a third visit (especially if he stayed at no2 - not sure if they would have moved him to 3 or 4) so lost out there and never know what Craig Cook is going to do at Poole so on a bad night pretty equal with Kerr. 

Edit - would have been better for my heart having a 28 point lead but no good for a neutral or Worky fan, so also means we shouldn't get complacent 🤞

Edited by lisa-colette

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Worky are a bit negative imo. Most teams when they are away in playoffs say no more than 8-10 points, but Worky are happy with 14? Never heard any team say that before, not even in the Prem. 

Interesting that Flint is a lot better at Poole when not riding for Glasgow! Five points more and way better than Vissing. 

I would say Tate be getting 8-10 points at Poole on a third visit (especially if he stayed at no2 - not sure if they would have moved him to 3 or 4) so lost out there and never know what Craig Cook is going to do at Poole so on a bad night pretty equal with Kerr. 

They have every right to be happy with 14 considering the two clatterings they've already had at Poole this year!

• Like 3

Decent lead and enough imo. Workington battled but Pirates top end too strong. Would have been 16 but for Zach trying to get past in heat 14. Onto Workington Saturday. Didn’t Pickering ride there last Saturday so is not available?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Decent lead and enough imo. Workington battled but Pirates top end too strong. Would have been 16 but for Zach trying to get past in heat 14. Onto Workington Saturday. Didn’t Pickering ride there last Saturday so is not available?

Picko can guest again for a number 1 the 8 day rule does not apply,  so get 2 more good guests, pray for engine troubles for Poole and anything can happen   UTC 😉

18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Edit - would have been better for my heart having a 28 point lead but no good for a neutral or Worky fan, so also means we shouldn't get complacent 🤞

Not negative but realistic , Poole have a power house of heat leaders and Workington did well to a draw on Pooles last visit to Workington.

I have heard on the grapevine that the three guests for Workington are Bewley , Harris and Wright.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Not negative but realistic , Poole have a power house of heat leaders and Workington did well to a draw on Pooles last visit to Workington.

I have heard on the grapevine that the three guests for Workington are Bewley , Harris and Wright.

Maybe try a different grapevine!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

They have every right to be happy with 14 considering the two clatterings they've already had at Poole this year!

That's not going to keep happening though. Just think teams need to aim for under 10 to have a good chance and sometimes seen teams with 4-6 point leads go through, so 14 will be hard work but not impossible. 

9 minutes ago, Neila said:

Picko can guest again for a number 1 the 8 day rule does not apply,  so get 2 more good guests, pray for engine troubles for Poole and anything can happen   UTC 😉

Not very sporting of you. Been getting tips off the Aussie cricket team 😉😁

10 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

I've also been told they were trying to swap till Sunday 

But we all know that can't be true as clrc at Redcar sunday

Good effort considering we hardly had a race win! Only 2, packed the 2nd places well with 12 of them.

Well done to Starkey and Flint, great effort from all 6 riders to be fair.

FYI, the 8 day rule doesn’t count for play off meetings not just the Number 1 position. A new rule for 2024 I believe.

I’d expect Pickering and Thompson to cover for Cookie and Tate

Fair play to Workington for keeping the score closer than many may have thought. 

Pirates though came away with 2 maximum men in Lawson 15(5) & Ben 13+2(5) and a 14 point lead which going on previous visits to Northside should be more than enough. 

C'mon the Boyzzzz ☠️ 👍 

18 minutes ago, Neila said:

Gonna be a better display by the comets on Saturday   we were just practicing the last 2 times, hope you enjoy your visit to worky again   lbw

We should av enough points but not enough flat whites could lead to squeaky bums all round instead! 😉 

Might not be able to make a third trip, can't get in the Waverley for starters which is all booked up. Travelodge bit pricey.

Dunno, will see in a couple of days because the weather keeps changing it's mind.

Edited by lbw