British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Workington Comets Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg 11/9/24

The play-offs for the Championship start this coming Wednesday when the Pirates take on the Comets for a place in the final. 

The other semi final on the sane evening sees the Oxford Cheetahs take on the Scunthorpe Scorpions .

The Pirates have had the upper hand in all but one encounter with the Comets this season but that counts for nothing in the play-offs.

Workington will require 3 guests to cover for their injured riders over both meetings and Poole will need a guest at reserve and possible rider replacement if not fit for Sam Hagon.

Hope to get a good lead to take up to Northside next Saturday.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Shaleshifter said:

The play-offs for the Championship start this coming Wednesday when the Pirates take on the Comets for a place in the final. 

The other semi final on the sane evening sees the Oxford Cheetahs take on the Scunthorpe Scorpions .

The Pirates have had the upper hand in all but one encounter with the Comets this season but that counts for nothing in the play-offs.

Workington will require 3 guests to cover for their injured riders over both meetings and Poole will need a guest at reserve and possible rider replacement if not fit for Sam Hagon.

Hope to get a good lead to take up to Northside next Saturday.

Thoughts?

They can use a guest for Sam if needed. Don't have to use r/r. Though haven't looked at what the likely options are for that. 

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

They can use a guest for Sam if needed. Don't have to use r/r. Though haven't looked at what the likely options are for that. 

Sam is back racing for Leicester this evening. Maybe Ben Trigger for Vinnie again.

32 minutes ago, Neila said:

Oh sh#t that's Poole with a big lead on Wednesday,  but anything can happen on Saturday UTC

Yep anything can happen on Saturday such as the weather looks like having it's say, sadly going to be a tad wet all day according to today's met office forecast!

Edited by lbw

9 minutes ago, lbw said:

Yep anything can happen on Saturday such as the weather looks like having it's say, sadly going to be a tad wet all day according to today's met office forecast!

The one I use is saying a little bit of rain through night and a few showers through the day should be okay hopefully 🤞🏼 tends to be the most reliable one too

2 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

The one I use is saying a little bit of rain through night and a few showers through the day should be okay hopefully 🤞🏼 tends to be the most reliable one too

Hope that is the case. Actually I've done wot I shouldn't of done by posting a weather forecast as I can understand promoters not wanting folk to do that. Whoops, sorry.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Firestone1 said:

Kerr (1), Edwards (2) and Flint (4) are Workington's guests for the 1st Leg. 

Just a shame Comets ☄️ come into the play offs needing 3 guests. Can only see Kerr, Edwards & Flint making minimal impact at WINborne Road. Good bunch of supporters up at Workington.

Oh, the weather now seems to be fine for Saturday. No more weather reports from me. I'm not Michael Fish! 😀

Edited by lbw

57 minutes ago, lbw said:

Just a shame Comets ☄️ come into the play offs needing 3 guests. Can only see Kerr, Edwards & Flint making minimal impact at WINborne Road. Good bunch of supporters up at Workington.

Oh, the weather now seems to be fine for Saturday. No more weather reports from me. I'm not Michael Fish! 😀

Just have to hope Workington can get the best possible guests for Saturday, to at least give us half a chance if recent visits to Poole are anything to go by... 

Hopefully Josh Pickering and Dan Tnompson (if allowed given he rode last week) will fancy some more laps around Northside. Drew Kemp maybe too. 

18 hours ago, lewy said:

Very unlikely it will be trigger.

Worky preview says its Trigger (unless Vinnie's fitness test is unsuccessful), despite the fact that Trigg's van has broken down in Germany!!!!!!!!.

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Worky preview says its Trigger (unless Vinnie's fitness test is unsuccessful), despite the fact that Trigg's van has broken down in Germany!!!!!!!!.

Yes the fact the van is in Germany is why I said it's very unlikely I don't think they are expecting the van to be repaired until tomorrow. 

• Sad 1