British Speedway Forum

CLRC 15/9/24 @ Redcar

Would much rather watch riders that wanted to be there than some of these big time Charlie's that think they're bigger than the sport. You'd expect better from some of them, just remember when it comes round to testimonial and farewell meetings though. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Perhaps of any rider pulls out of the riders championship, they should be banned from racing in the play-offs? That would stop this sort of thing happening, providing it was raced before the play-offs started.

Where's the Weasel when you need him :D

• Haha 2

The thing is, it's this kind of attitude from riders that make promoters reluctant to put anything other than (contrived) team matches on.

Belle Vue have proven that if you pay the right money to riders (which is what I suspect the sudden outbreak of this new virus within the speedway rider community is all about) that they can be run successfully with the PCMT now being the biggest meeting in the UK on the domestic calendar. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, screm said:

Very disappointing to see riders pulling out for what seems no real reason, not so long ago this was a big meeting at this level. 

More evidence that riders want it all their own way and will only ride when they want to.

Absolutely. It happens every year now riders pulling out for no real reason. Time the governing body tightened up on this. This was always a big prestigous meeting with a new bike for the winner. Alot of riders appear to care little for fans or promotions these days and are playing a big part in the fragile financial viablility of British Speedway with less than healthy crowd levels at most tracks.

• Like 3

IMO I don't think anyone who has withdrawn was in the bracket of possible winner and I think they knew hence why they pulled out. Ben Cook now been in the line up adds to the possible winners along side Wright, Masters, Pickering, Lawson and Harris etc

As for Boughen replacing Batchelor I know who I would rather see a young kid giving 100% over a guy that will just retire from heat if last by lap 2

• Like 4
  • Haha 1