British Speedway Forum

Chris Harris

13 minutes ago, 1stbendharry said:

Heard Harris is on the radar for another Championship club. Unsure if possible due to raceday. Time will tell. Bomber is a business man and will go were pays his fees.

I was hearing mid season that we already had an agreement for him coming back next year. We’ll find out in time, I guess.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I was hearing mid season that we already had an agreement for him coming back next year. We’ll find out in time, I guess.

Bomber wants a club that is professional in its operation and a track that can show case his riding style, Glasgow/Ashfield tick those boxes.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I've heard he's been signed, unless Glasgow are moving up and he needs a new club in the championship?

2 hours ago, 1stbendharry said:

Heard Harris is on the radar for another Championship club. Unsure if possible due to raceday. Time will tell. Bomber is a business man and will go were pays his fees.

You didn't 'hear' this on the Glasgow facebook page did you where a Workington fan posted much the same. A bit like buses, two radars come along at the same time! 

5 hours ago, 1stbendharry said:

Harris should be on the radar for every Championship club, who wouldn't want to sign Bomber?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, screm said:

Rumour is that it will be a very different looking Glasgow team next season.

Probably but with Bomber, he has expressed that he wants to stay with Glasgow until he retires, loves the track, can't see him not at Glasgow

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

Probably but with Bomber, he has expressed that he wants to stay with Glasgow until he retires, loves the track, can't see him not at Glasgow

Think he is at the wind-up and has plenty of bites.

If Bomber is not back at Glasgow I will be amazed, he has stated that he wants a return. 

• Like 3

On holiday in Cornwall at the moment for the first time in 20 years or so, and drove through the china clay 'hills' at Nanpean today where Tralawny used to race. Saw Chris there back then, exciting and giving his all as a youngster, he's a fantastic advert for British speedway, still riding at such a high level today.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Roundthebend said:

That was never going to be a championship winning side that was assembled at the beginning of the season. Can’t believe they thought it would ever be.

It didn’t look too bad on paper,if certain riders stepped up their game,but it didn’t happen,and the Complin “pain relief medicine “ certainly messed it up.I personally though Flint  and Starke were strange signings but I suppose averages played their part.