British Speedway Forum

Chris Harris

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

It didn’t look too bad on paper,if certain riders stepped up their game,but it didn’t happen,and the Complin “pain relief medicine “ certainly messed it up.I personally though Flint  and Starke were strange signings but I suppose averages played their part.

Plenty of us thought it wasn't a playoff team even before Lee's escapade.

Starke was a very strange signing and not re-signing Claus was a really obvious miss too.

James Pearson was a bit of a gamble but turned out to be a good one, but it sounds like they aren't keen on him for next year. Madness.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Noelinho said:

Starke was a very strange signing and not re-signing Claus was a really obvious miss too.

James Pearson was a bit of a gamble but turned out to be a good one, but it sounds like they aren't keen on him for next year. Madness.

His home form isn’t an issue but his away form is and this maybe the reason that sways it against him returning.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 5:36 PM, Roundthebend said:

That was never going to be a championship winning side that was assembled at the beginning of the season. Can’t believe they thought it would ever be.

If everything went well then they could've been. Harris riding like the number one he is, Worrall putting half a point on his average, Flint improving like Tom Brennan, Pearson showing his Plymouth form after leaving Birmingham, Complin putting 1+ on his average, this putting Starke to reserve - see his Workington scores, then Pijper at reserve scoring above oppositions 2.00 riders.

Now these aims weren't realistic, but they were possible, to expect them all to happen at the same time was unlikely.

Imo they certainly overrated thier riders, then the team rode below even most fans realistic expectations.

On 9/15/2024 at 12:07 AM, Noelinho said:

Starke was signed because he fitted in the averages, personally I thought he'd up his average (I was wrong). I said pre-season of have Vissing before Flint, didn't understand that change.

Pearson having such a low away average, makes it understandable they'd drop him. Plus the fact he was a 4 point rider in the top 5, then puts a point on his average once he dropped to reserve. Starting next season on a 5+ average as a second string, can easily see that dropping again!

Now Jack Smith would be available at reserve again on a 3.68 average, he could be in the team plans.

Edited by szkocjasid

7 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Starke was signed because he fitted in the averages, personally I thought he'd up his average (I was wrong). I said pre-season of have Vissing before Flint, didn't understand that change.

Pearson having such a low away average, makes it understandable they'd drop him. Plus the fact he was a 4 point rider in the top 5, then puts a point on his average once he dropped to reserve. Starting next season on a 5+ average as a second string, can easily see that dropping again!

Now Jack Smith would be available at reserve again on a 3.68 average, he could be in the team plans.

Need improvers certainly not Jack Smith.How many seasons and still under 4 pt av.Sad decline of the sport dictates signing this standard of of rider because of his average.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2024 at 8:07 PM, szkocjasid said:

He was bought in at number 2 and should have stayed there. If not for the team changes bringing in completely useless number 4 who managed nothing. Unlike the UK riders this year was only his  3rd ride at these tracks - Poole only his second - so many reasons including wrong engines being used away. His home form alone 4 point rider scoring 7+ points every match is reason alone to bring him back - the team who gets him will see the reward - easy 1-2 point away form change just like this years home form.