British Speedway Forum

Chris Harris

Another big score from Bomber tonight, it looks like he will beat his 2023 figure of 9.47, pending Oxford's visit on Sunday.

Even more impressive given the fact he isn't the best gater and riding in a team that is a pale shadow of the champions class of 2023.

I don't know how he does it: the travelling, crashes, bruises and still pulls it out the bag weekly. I would assume he is a stick on for Glasgow 2025?

I hope he wins the CLRC and rides in a competitive team next year.

Edited by Robinh88
Nil
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Robinh88 said:

Another big score from Bomber tonight, it looks like he will beat his 2023 figure of 9.47, pending Oxford's visit on Sunday.

Even more impressive given the fact he isn't the best gater and riding in a team that is a pale shadow of the champions class of 2023.

I don't know how he does it: the travelling, crashes, bruises and still pulls it out the bag weekly. I would assume he is a stick on for Glasgow 2025?

I hope he wins the CLRC and rides in a competitive team next year.

We certainly hope he is in a competitive team next year too, this year has been a massive disappointment,  Chris has held the team together and won us matches that we didn't deserve to win. We have finished our season below the starting average of 38 and that takes some doing. The positive is that despite all the travelling Chris would love to stay at Glasgow until he retires as he loves the track, so hopefully that will work out as he is a joy to watch especially when he doesn't gate.

4 hours ago, Weeyin said:

We certainly hope he is in a competitive team next year too, this year has been a massive disappointment,  Chris has held the team together and won us matches that we didn't deserve to win. We have finished our season below the starting average of 38 and that takes some doing. The positive is that despite all the travelling Chris would love to stay at Glasgow until he retires as he loves the track, so hopefully that will work out as he is a joy to watch especially when he doesn't gate.

Chris is always in a "competitive team" as he always rides in the play offs..😁

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I think the “terrible gater” tag with Harris gets overplayed. There’s little wrong with his gating whenever I’ve watched him, and often it’s very good!

I concur.  A coupla years back spoke with a relative newbie at Scunny v Berwick "so Bandits track this guy Chris 'Bomber' Harris, he's great you you'll enjoy watching him, he's brilliant he oft misses the gate but can pass from anywhere almost for fun" 👍.  And Bomber decided to wear his gating gloves that nite, slight egg on face☺️, but a brilliant rider all the same, and the newbie, + son & his friends, is still pretty much a regular....

Edited by martinmauger
grammar
  • Like 1

I've been fortunate enough to watch him race since he was a 15-year old at St Austell and it's fantastic to see him still going strong. The guest stuff always gets brought up but there's a reason why he's generally the rider teams go to and that's because they know he will turn up and give maximum effort whatever the conditions, he plays his part in helping out the rest of the team and of course for the fans he'll provide great entertainment. Even in the dullest meeting you know you will get at least a couple of races with a bit of excitement and at times it feels as though he's keeping the sport afloat by himself. 

Hopefully he's got plenty of years left in him!

Edited by The Cheese

As one of the most vocal detractors of bomber when he signed last year I have to say I've never changed feelings on a rider so quickly. His previous spell left a bitter taste but he's more than made up for it this year. He's been a joy to watch last 2 years and hopefully for 3 or 4 more. 

JP, Leon and Anders should be soaking all of the information he's given them up if want to have half the career he's had. Legend of British speedway 

• Like 1

Always been liked at Poole, and is always welcome back. Anytime. Even if he did contrabute to our downfall last season.

I think fans forget just how close Bomber got to being in the top few riders in the World. There was one gp season where I think he finished equal fourth but at one point was riding better than most. Scott also got very close . 

Great rider who gives everything every race and we all love it when he gets left at the gate, his amazing pass on Doyle at Poole will always be remembered by Poole fans, the place went wild, what a night and watching him win at Cardiff was incredible. Coventry fans will never forget his man of steel performance at Poole.

19 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Great rider who gives everything every race and we all love it when he gets left at the gate, his amazing pass on Doyle at Poole will always be remembered by Poole fans, the place went wild, what a night and watching him win at Cardiff was incredible. Coventry fans will never forget his man of steel performance at Poole.

He's also the first rider out if anyone comes off, regardless of what team they ride for also a nice guy to speak to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I think the “terrible gater” tag with Harris gets overplayed. There’s little wrong with his gating whenever I’ve watched him, and often it’s very good!

Terrible gater at GP level.  Pretty decent gater in UK 👍

Edited by BRITISHSPEEDPOWER
Spelling mistake