British Speedway Forum

Oxford Spires 2025

I don't buy the Bewley rumorus for one key reason and that's because BV cant replace him and I don't see Bewley leaving the club in the dark without having a World Class GP replacement lined up because he's not that type of person imo, The only way I could see Bewley at Oxford is if Robert Lambert is prepared to do a full UK season with Belle Vue and that's highly unlikely considering he's only interested when Poland finishes.

I think this could be your line-up.

1. Musielak 8.21

2. Wright 6.32 / Harris 6.06

3. Masters 7.32

4. Janowski 7.02

5. Tungate 7.71

6. Boughen 3.00

7. Jenkins / Killeen (RS)

= 39.58 / 39.32

3 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

What if someone’s been in his ear and said a trick track would be good for your development in trying to become world champ 👀

Change of track wouldn't do anything tbh, A ruthless streak like Lindgren is what Dan needs because he's such a top bloke off the track to a point where it translates on track at times in the GP's.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

What if someone’s been in his ear and said a trick track would be good for your development in trying to become world champ 👀

Sounds like the reason Jason Crump used to give as to why he stayed with us at the 'dog track' for so long.  Not sure this is so relevant now with most GP tracks being fast, 'Polish-style and with the extra power lay-down engines give. Not many 'trick tracks, around.

Hope he is not convinced as we would miss him.  For me, the only replacement would be Max Fricke or Chris Holder.

17 hours ago, TTT said:

Change of track wouldn't do anything tbh, A ruthless streak like Lindgren is what Dan needs because he's such a top bloke off the track to a point where it translates on track at times in the GP's.

I wouldn't say Dan is a top bloke off the track. He's been quite arrogant from some of stories I've heard from multiple teams

• Haha 1

All the noise is that we're chasing a bona fide top rider to really compete next year. The changes we made mid-season to me seemed like we threw in the towel to save a few pennies for the coming year, or to give promising riders more time around the track to gain experience. To end up with Killeen and Boughen in the team definitely seemed that way, though by all accounts that was to avoid another team picking up Luke. 

It felt very much like our first year back as the Cheetahs - there was certainly good racing all year round, but in this league you need to win your home games by large margins, and whilst we won a good number, we were winning by 2/4/6 points a meeting. Given we reportedly didn't have that much time to put a team together you can't begrudge that, and the hope for me is that we'll do exactly what we did in Y2 as the Cheetahs which is find a winning formula.

• Like 1