British Speedway Forum

Oxford Spires 2025

Magic Janowski recently had this to say in an interview with RedBull.com, Translation taken from Sportowefakty.

The Polish representative talked about his return to the British Isles, where he races in the colours of the Oxford Spires. Naturally, the question was asked about continuing his career in Premiership where Maciej Janowski said I want to continue competing because I feel good there. He confirmed that if the squad is close to the vision that was discussed, he will stay at Oxford.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

Magic Janowski recently had this to say in an interview with RedBull.com, Translation taken from Sportowefakty.

The Polish representative talked about his return to the British Isles, where he races in the colours of the Oxford Spires. Naturally, the question was asked about continuing his career in Premiership where Maciej Janowski said I want to continue competing because I feel good there. He confirmed that if the squad is close to the vision that was discussed, he will stay at Oxford.

Should be the first name in their team, and they should be doing everything humanly possible to get him back on his steal of a 7.02 average. Will 100% kick on next season and be the 8.00 assessed rider he was brought in on

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Are Oxford doing top flight next year? I was under the impression that this season’s multi league experiment wasn’t popular with the powers that be and it was done out of necessity, but they’ll have to choose which league to ride in next year 

Why wasn’t it popular? Oxford will end the season having run 30 plus meetings with good crowds, while others struggle to run less than half that. Is it because Oxford are showing up their own efforts?

Lets take a very successful club and cut in half the number of fixtures they can run and income they can generate.

unbelievable.

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Are Oxford doing top flight next year? I was under the impression that this season’s multi league experiment wasn’t popular with the powers that be and it was done out of necessity, but they’ll have to choose which league to ride in next year 

To me it would be very stupid to restrict how many leagues a club could ride in. If clubs can make it pay, why shouldn't they enter them all? Now if we had 12+ teams in both leagues & there was too many fixtures, I could understand restricting them, but until then - let them ride in all leagues.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, alanf2 said:

Why wasn’t it popular? Oxford will end the season having run 30 plus meetings with good crowds, while others struggle to run less than half that. Is it because Oxford are showing up their own efforts?

Lets take a very successful club and cut in half the number of fixtures they can run and income they can generate.

unbelievable.

Depends how profitable the Premiership was given the running costs of the Team. Also Was the NDL Team paying its way.

On 9/7/2024 at 10:52 AM, Steve Irving said:

If anything, it will surely be the Championship that goes. There's been a big attendance difference between Spires and Cheetahs meetings - the former having some huge crowds and the latter a little bit underwhelming. That said, I'm pretty sure all three teams will be back based on what I've heard.

21 hours ago, Bojangles said:

If anything, it will surely be the Championship that goes. There's been a big attendance difference between Spires and Cheetahs meetings - the former having some huge crowds and the latter a little bit underwhelming. That said, I'm pretty sure all three teams will be back based on what I've heard.

What have you heard?

Think Oxford are very easy to predict and it's just a case of who rides at 6.

1. Woffinden

2. Riss (Peter loves him)

3. Janowski (Basically confirmed himself)

4. Harris

5. Tungate

6. ?

7. Boughen

Edited by TTT
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2024 at 11:54 PM, TTT said:

Think Oxford are very easy to predict and it's just a case of who rides at 6.

1. Woffinden

2. Riss (Peter loves him)

3. Janowski (Basically confirmed himself)

4. Harris

5. Tungate

6. ?

7. Boughen

That will surely be Killeen given the rhetoric from Schroeck when Killeen replaced Kemp this season.