British Speedway Forum

Redcar (40) vs Oxford (50) - KO Cup S/F - 6/9

1 hour ago, boz said:

A meeting that summed the season up really. Fair play to Oxford and Boughen in particular. A special talent who seems to love riding here (and had his first second half rides here I believe). 

Interesting to see where the Bears go from here really - id potentially start with Wright, Edwards and Mulford and work from there. Should be an interesting winter. 

Would let Edwards leave.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Said before the start that Oxford were stronger without Heeps allowing Nicholls and Boughen an extra ride.

You are correct but tonight ended up being a formality, like the whole season.

Hope they get the track sorted as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I think Edwards has had a good season, I certainly wouldn't want to drop him.

Think he is overrated. He isn't particularly fast, only scores big points when he makes the gate and is pretty much one dimensional in his riding. Safe and steady and not aggressive enough for me. Doesn't take risks. For example in I think it was his first ride tonight he overtook Masters L1 B2. Masters challenged up the inside L1 B3 and rather than clamping Master he simply moved aside to allow him through.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, lukeellis said:

Yes I agree, most of his big scores are away.His relaxed armchair style doesn’t work at Redcar, maybe a year away on loan??If so, going to need a complete new team next year.Need a team planner who knows what they are doing!!

Agreed! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Maybe. He's a great lad but he's too laid back and friendly. Needs to show more determination and aggression to progress.

Jason was never going to be that 3rd heat leader though.  They made a mess of the team selection initially and well didn't do anything to make the team stronger. 

Edited by Robinh88
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bellers101 said:

Said before the start that Oxford were stronger without Heeps allowing Nicholls and Boughen an extra ride.

Heeps is having a good season so not sure Oxford are stronger without him as Killeen has to take 2 of his rides. Need him fit as they need to cover Jenkins who is a big loss.

Edited by Tim G

7 hours ago, Robinh88 said:

Jason was never going to be that 3rd heat leader though.  They made a mess of the team selection initially and well didn't do anything to make the team stronger. 

That was going to be Jorgensen in the very first instance though?

If Jorgensen had been fit and Bailey carried on where he was last year things would have been quite different.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Heat 15 looked suspect to me. Staged to allow Redcar get the draw?

No one picked up Jacob Hook wasn't at the start line in heat 14 either but he was announced as being in the race.

43 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

They were stronger without him at Redcar last night.

Not sure about that one 6+2 from R/R is probably what the Cheetahs would have expected from Heeps. Ashton Boughen was the difference he was different class last night , no one rode as wide as he did in each of his 5 races.

1 hour ago, Bellers101 said:

They were stronger without him at Redcar last night.

And yet last week 9 points and heat 15 nomination (in a last heat decider) at Scunthorpe. Think the jury's out on Heeps' absence.

9 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Think he is overrated. He isn't particularly fast, only scores big points when he makes the gate and is pretty much one dimensional in his riding. Safe and steady and not aggressive enough for me. Doesn't take risks. For example in I think it was his first ride tonight he overtook Masters L1 B2. Masters challenged up the inside L1 B3 and rather than clamping Master he simply moved aside to allow him through.

Wants to drop a 21 year old whose career trajectory is continual improvement who has the nerve and cheek to overtake probably the most consistent CL rider of the past 4-5 years but allows said CL master craftsman up his inside as he won't try to clamp him down in to the next turn (no doubt probably be wiped out if he did).

Very strange logic.

PS reported on Speedway Updates that a close member of the lads family passed away yesyerday btw! (many riders would have cried off). 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Plenty of takers if he was let go.Still a young rider and doesn’t spend half the season on injured list.I rate him.

• Like 1