British Speedway Forum

Redcar (40) vs Oxford (50) - KO Cup S/F - 6/9

No Cameron Heeps or Jordan Jenkins for Oxford...

Redcar: 1. Charles Wright, 2. Dan Gilkes, 3. Jye Etheridge (G), 4. Jason Edwards, 5. Danny King, 6. Danny Phillips (G), 7. Jake Mulford

Oxford: 1. Sam Masters, 2. R/R, 3. Jacob Hook (G), 4. Ashton Boughen, 5. Scott Nicholls, 6. Luke Killeen, 7. Jody Scott, 8. Ashton Vale

57 minutes ago, Anzum said:

Going to be difficult for the Cheetahs to advance. Boughen wasn’t there for the league match. Lot will depend on whether he and Luke can back up Sam and Scott.

At least with Heeps rides, one of them they can use Scott as Heeps is 3rd in the averages even if they put him at 2.

49 minutes ago, Biffa said:

Boughen was brilliant when he guested for Scunthorpe though. 

He seems to be on some good form atm. 

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Could be close for the aggregate win. Redcar look slightly stronger, heats 13 & 15 look vital.

If Mulford can clear up at reserve, as he really should do and get double figures, slightly fancy Redcar.

C'mon the Bears.🏁🏴‍☠️👍🏆

Ouch. The loss of Heeps and Jenkins could be massive. Definitely make Redcar favourites to progress on the back of this. Jenkins loves it there, and Heeps isn't half bad either. Much depends on Boughen, if he can score double figures that might be the difference. Going to be close either way I think.

5 hours ago, Bojangles said:

No Cameron Heeps or Jordan Jenkins for Oxford...

Redcar: 1. Charles Wright, 2. Dan Gilkes, 3. Jye Etheridge (G), 4. Jason Edwards, 5. Danny King, 6. Danny Phillips (G), 7. Jake Mulford

Oxford: 1. Sam Masters, 2. R/R, 3. Jacob Hook (G), 4. Ashton Boughen, 5. Scott Nicholls, 6. Luke Killeen, 7. Jody Scott, 8. Ashton Vale

Advantage Bears 

Congratulations to Oxford. Those who predicted the changes would affect their chances either haven’t seen the Bears ride much this season or Boughen ride at Redcar.

It was all downhill after Masters was somehow allowed in the re-run of Heat 1 after sliding off and taking Wright out and then Wright messing up bend 3 on lap 4 and dropping points.

Oxford far too good for the Bears who surrendered without much of a fight. Don’t let the draw fool you in thinking this was close.

Boughen superb, fair play young fella, hell of a future if he keeps progressing. Redcar must be his favourite track so if he wants to keep progressing he should consider a move north….

Watched on the stream and wish I hadn’t bothered tbh.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 1

A meeting that summed the season up really. Fair play to Oxford and Boughen in particular. A special talent who seems to love riding here (and had his first second half rides here I believe). 

Interesting to see where the Bears go from here really - id potentially start with Wright, Edwards and Mulford and work from there. Should be an interesting winter. 

12 minutes ago, boz said:

A meeting that summed the season up really. Fair play to Oxford and Boughen in particular. A special talent who seems to love riding here (and had his first second half rides here I believe). 

Interesting to see where the Bears go from here really - id potentially start with Wright, Edwards and Mulford and work from there. Should be an interesting winter. 

Yes in early Amateur meetings at Redcar at the start of the season last year. Top riders in the meeting were Ashton, Harrison and Freeman. 

The performance of Ashton Boughen just underlined the talent this young man has.. I've seen a few meetings at Redcar and not many riders beat Charles Wright by that distance. Riding every race high and wide he looked supremely comfortable and accomplished. His equipment also looked very quick. Too be honest none of the Bears extended him this evening.

1 hour ago, boz said:

Well done Oxford! When I looked at the revised changes I thought the Bears had a chance - more fool me!

Next year? Can't say I'm terribly optimistic however I do hope 'our' entrusted promoters vote for a higher points limit and more fixtures.

Would keep four riders from this year's septet. Roll on the CLRC!

2 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Congratulations to Oxford. Those who predicted the changes would affect their chances either haven’t seen the Bears ride much this season or Boughen ride at Redcar.

It was all downhill after Masters was somehow allowed in the re-run of Heat 1 after sliding off and taking Wright out and then Wright messing up bend 3 on lap 4 and dropping points.

Oxford far too good for the Bears who surrendered without much of a fight. Don’t let the draw fool you in thinking this was close.

Boughen superb, fair play young fella, hell of a future if he keeps progressing. Redcar must be his favourite track so if he wants to keep progressing he should consider a move north….

Watched on the stream and wish I hadn’t bothered tbh.

Heat 15 looked suspect to me. Staged to allow Redcar get the draw?

4 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

Well done Oxford! When I looked at the revised changes I thought the Bears had a chance - more fool me!

Next year? Can't say I'm terribly optimistic however I do hope 'our' entrusted promoters vote for a higher points limit and more fixtures.

Would keep four riders from this year's septet. Roll on the CLRC!

Said before the start that Oxford were stronger without Heeps allowing Nicholls and Boughen an extra ride.