British Speedway Forum

Fans’ Voice Representative

Does anybody know who their Fans’ Voice representative is?

All applications should have been made by 5pm on Friday December 1st 2023.

We should all be lobbying our reps to tell them that the rigging of the pay offs absolutely stinks!

At the very least we should all be emailing our clubs or on their socials asking who our rep is and how to contact them.

And before anybody says, yes I know they don't actually exist. 

Edited by iainb

20 hours ago, gjcone44 said:

i nominate you 😁

I accept! Now when are these imaginary zoom call meetings that were promised by Mr Morris :D

Edited by iainb
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, iainb said:

Does anybody know who their Fans’ Voice representative is?

All applications should have been made by 5pm on Friday December 1st 2023.

We should all be lobbying our reps to tell them that the rigging of the pay offs absolutely stinks!

At the very least we should all be emailing our clubs or on their socials asking who our rep is and how to contact them.

And before anybody says, yes I know they don't actually exist. 

David Lowe is the Leicester rep. He has a piece in the programme regularly I believe 

Yes, they do exist. 

Just now, Sir Sidney said:

David Lowe is the Leicester rep. He has a piece in the programme regularly I believe 

Yes, they do exist. 

Wow! Okay, do you have his contact details by any chance?

• Like 2

I find the apathy, from many, to the rigging of the pay offs absolutely astounding! As I've said elsewhere I find this the worst decision this so called sport has made in living memory, and there have been a few! For me it cuts to the heart of whether Speedway is a sport or sports entertainment. EVERY Speedway supporter should be contacting their lesser spotted Fan's Voice Representative and club to voice their disgust on what has happened, whether it be a detailed email or a "this just ain't on" type of email, because believe me this will be the thin end of the wedge, if they can do this, they'll do anything! If enough of us message them threatening to boycott the pay off semis (which I will be doing), hopefully they will get the message.

Here are the contacts you need to be messaging:

BSPL: office@britishspeedway.co.uk

Belle Vue: info@bellevue-speedway.com

Ipswich: enquiries@ipswichwitches.co

Leicester: info@leicesterspeedway.com

Leicester Fans' Voice Representative: LionsFansVoice@gmail.com

Sheffield: office@sheffield-speedway.com

Direct Message Phil Morris on Twitter/X

Of course you will receive no reply, but if enough of us voice our disapproval/disgust they will hear it.

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, iainb said:

I find the apathy, from many, to the rigging of the pay offs absolutely astounding! As I've said elsewhere I find this the worst decision this so called sport has made in living memory, and there have been a few! For me it cuts to the heart of whether Speedway is a sport or sports entertainment. EVERY Speedway supporter should be contacting their lesser spotted Fan's Voice Representative and club to voice their disgust on what has happened, whether it be a detailed email or a "this just ain't on" type of email, because believe me this will be the thin end of the wedge, if they can do this, they'll do anything! If enough of us message them threatening to boycott the pay off semis (which I will be doing), hopefully they will get the message.

Of course you will receive no reply, but if enough of us voice our disapproval/disgust they will hear it.

Each to their own, but I really don't get the outrage you have about this, and why you consider them to be rigged ? At the end of the day you still have to beat 2 of the 3 other teams to win the title, and it's not as if a team that shouldn't be in there has been included. 

It's also not the first time this has happened. In 2021 there were similar issues with delayed matches and the playoffs were announced on the basis that either Wolverhampton or Peterborough were going to finish top and both had said they would choose each other. Despite this, and the fact the top 4 were settled, Sheffield still had to ride their 'dead rubber' match against Kings Lynn on the Sunday before the playoffs were due to start that week, just 4 days before their scheduled semi final 1st leg.

In answer to your other question, I think it is quite clear that in the modern era, just like many other sports, it is sports entertainment.

Edited by DaveWayne

12 hours ago, iainb said:

I accept! Now when are these imaginary zoom call meetings that were promised by Patsy Morris :D

David Lowe at Leicester who has a page in the programme for each Lions meeting allowing him to update the fans on the regular zoom meetings they have with Phil.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SJA said:

David Lowe at Leicester who has a page in the programme for each Lions meeting allowing him to update the fans on the regular zoom meetings they have with Phil.

9 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

Yes, they do exist. 

Thanks both, I don't buy a programme so was not aware of this, I've just sent an email off 👍

42 minutes ago, iainb said:

We dont appear to have received anything yet at Leicester......

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DaveWayne said:

Each to their own, but I really don't get the outrage you have about this, and why you consider them to be rigged ? At the end of the day you still have to beat 2 of the 3 other teams to win the title, and it's not as if a team that shouldn't be in there has been included. 

It's also not the first time this has happened. In 2021 there were similar issues with delayed matches and the playoffs were announced on the basis that either Wolverhampton or Peterborough were going to finish top and both had said they would choose each other. Despite this, and the fact the top 4 were settled, Sheffield still had to ride their 'dead rubber' match against Kings Lynn on the Sunday before the playoffs were due to start that week, just 4 days before their scheduled semi final 1st leg.

In answer to your other question, I think it is quite clear that in the modern era, just like many other sports, it is sports entertainment.

2021 wasn't ideal, but that year was very much Covid effected and as you said the top 2 teams had choice. This is very different, the rules that were in place all season have been abandoned and the semi final fixtures rigged, they could have done 1st v 4th and 2nd v 3rd at the cut off date, if you can't see this I despair and you'll get the sports entertainment you deserve.

13 minutes ago, iainb said:

keep pressing refresh 😁

We have done, and checked the junk folder an we have not received an email this morning.

Could you copy it over to john.harvey@leicesterspeedway.com please as I'm sure he will respond.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, iainb said:

2021 wasn't ideal, but that year was very much Covid effected and as you said the top 2 teams had choice. This is very different, the rules that were in place all season have been abandoned and the semi final fixtures rigged, they could have done 1st v 4th and 2nd v 3rd at the cut off date, if you can't see this I despair and you'll get the sports entertainment you deserve.

Yes they could have done what you said, but the teams agreed to do what they have done so why just blame Phil Morris or the SCB ? I'm pretty sure they would have discussed all options and come to a conscensus that this was the favourable one, not just said "this is what we are doing, do you agree ?".

Yes I hope I get the sports entertainment I deserve, after all that is why I spend my money, to be entertained !!

4 minutes ago, DaveWayne said:

Yes I hope I get the sports entertainment I deserve, after all that is why I spend my money, to be entertained !!

That's great, I hope you enjoy it, because eventually you'll be on your own watching Sheffield vs Belle Vue every week 🐯♠️

25 minutes ago, DaveWayne said:

Yes they could have done what you said, but the teams agreed to do what they have done so why just blame Phil Morris or the SCB ? I'm pretty sure they would have discussed all options and come to a conscensus that this was the favourable one, not just said "this is what we are doing, do you agree ?".

Anybody that thinks Belle Vue choose Sheffield and the financial effect that has as opposed to picking Ipswich need to give their head a wobble. This is up there with “we’re changing the rules and you cannot use Lambert to replace your injured rider”. Do we really need to haul someone in from outside to ensure the rules are adhered to? I thought sticking to the rule book was a given. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, ouch said:

Anybody that thinks Belle Vue choose Sheffield and the financial effect that has as opposed to picking Ipswich need to give their head a wobble. This is up there with “we’re changing the rules and you cannot use Lambert to replace your injured rider”. Do we really need to haul someone in from outside to ensure the rules are adhered to? I thought sticking to the rule book was a given. 

But Belle Vue wouldn't have had a choice between Sheffield and Ipswich. They were 3rd and Ipswich 4th, so Belle Vue were either against Leicester or Sheffield.

It's all Mickey Mouse made up stuff from the 3rd week or so into the season then onwards...

People mainly attend because they like watching Speedway, with the result being something that will happen after 15 heats, rather than something most there will passionately be arsed about...

The die hards seem to be ok with what they get each week, and the play offs will bring out those who "follow" the clubs from afar for most of the season..

If you are a promoter you really don't need a fans rep to know what you need to do to sort the sport out as social media via many channels and networks have the same "feedback" ad infinitum..

The truth is, what we have is all there is (in the UK), therefore, whilst it lasts, everyone needs to collude with the promoters and pretend it is real...

• Like 1

Well, this morning I've had an email back from David Lowe, Leicester Fans Rep, and also an email from Nikki Jameison, Office Manager at BSPL Towers, saying she'll forward my email on to the Premiership CEO!

I'm going for a lie down 🤯

... I have just received a reply from Belle Vue, it's a copy and pasted copy of the BSPL email from Nikki Jameison!

Edited by iainb
update
  • Like 1