British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh v Glasgow Friday 6 September 2024

Pretty good meeting, few good races with some dubious team management thrown in. Josh is flying just now, good to watch. 

If anyone can explain how a rider whose never seen the place in the dry having 1 ride in 7 heats is beneficial I'm all ears.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Jack Smith wasn't at the races but gets four heats while a more impressive James Pearson Only gets three. CB strikes again!

What chance Ivacic guesting at Poole on Wednesday for Vinnie Foord?

1 hour ago, Beirao said:

Jack Smith wasn't at the races but gets four heats while a more impressive James Pearson Only gets three. CB strikes again!

I really don’t see what they see in Jack Smith apart from his low average.Cami does make some weird decisions,although there is not much scope in making changes these days with the 3 ride rule.

10 hours ago, Beirao said:

CB doesn't seem to rate James, and unfortunately I get the feeling he therefore won't be back next year.

James doesn't have a great away average, but that's because he's been forced to race higher up in the team than he should often this year.

His home average should put him first in the team sheet for next year, but it's looking like the lessons from this year's team building are being ignored.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I really don’t see what they see in Jack Smith apart from his low average.Cami does make some weird decisions,although there is not much scope in making changes these days with the 3 ride rule.

Started well and scoring above his average but has reverted back to what we suspected would happen.

All in all the team was never going too achieve the heights of previous seasons and losing Steve Worrall exposed the weaknesses even more, hopefully next season lessons have been learned Bomber. Pearson and Rowe would be a good start.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Jaizer said:

If anyone can explain how a rider whose never seen the place in the dry having 1 ride in 7 heats is beneficial I'm all ears.

Congratulations to the Monarchs on a well deserved win, but from a Glasgow perspective, more frustrating disappointment.

Chris Harris must be the most frustrated of all. His individual input to the team has been remarkable; he deserves to the in the play-offs.

Three paid four from Smith, Pearson and Perry’s ten rides is absolutely woeful. You’re never winning speedway matches with three contributions like that.

Yet, the most underwhelming was Ivacic, again. This is reigning Slovenian national champion; a vastly experienced professional who participated with credit in this season’s Speedway of Nations. How on earth is this man only scoring six points across five rides from reserve?

I could take or leave Cami Brown, but he was absolutely correct in expediting Max Perry’s three rides because Ivacic at reserve should have been printing points, but yet again, he let Glasgow down, badly.

As I said elsewhere, after factoring in visas, flights, work permits, accommodation, transport, etc., he’ll go down as one of the worst signings in the history of Glasgow speedway.

20 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Ivacic must be the, or one of the, most disappointing and underwhelming signings in the history of British speedway.

He won a big meeting in Hungary a couple of weeks ago with some decent riders in it,don’t know what he is plying at over here.Probably set ups will be the excuse.

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He won a big meeting in Hungary a couple of weeks ago with some decent riders in it,don’t know what he is plying at over here.Probably set ups will be the excuse.

Really? Strange. He looks so far off it, it’s incredible.

At Ashfield against Redcar, he was two or three bike lengths behind the other three riders before they’d even reached the first bend on at least two occasions. Even entering the bends during races, there’s no intent from him.

On 9/7/2024 at 4:54 PM, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Really? Strange. He looks so far off it, it’s incredible.

At Ashfield against Redcar, he was two or three bike lengths behind the other three riders before they’d even reached the first bend on at least two occasions. Even entering the bends during races, there’s no intent from him.

Yeah, he was way off the pace.  I can only think he is deliberately getting his average down so he will be a bargain next season