British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh v Glasgow Friday 6 September 2024

With the Monarchs suffering from injuries and Glasgow's Leon Flint away on SGP2 duty, apparently, this could turn into a who picks the best guest (s) competition. And with many teams racing the choices are limited to riders from Berwick, Plymouth and Workington if chosing from the Championship. Just lucky that Edinburgh managed to fit the fixture in rather than having to go off night. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

With the Monarchs suffering from injuries and Glasgow's Leon Flint away on SGP2 duty, apparently, this could turn into a who picks the best guest (s) competition. And with many teams racing the choices are limited to riders from Berwick, Plymouth and Workington if chosing from the Championship. Just lucky that Edinburgh managed to fit the fixture in rather than having to go off night. 

Already published that it's the Thompson twins for the Monarchs & Barker & Perry for the Tigs.

Edited by cyclone

Ironic that the lowest averaged team in the league with an outside chance of a play off spot, go to a higher averaged team needing a win or aggregate point to avoid last place in the league, that will largely be decided by guests.

Met office currently has fog for the micro climate tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

What’s the maths with Glasgow’s play-off aspirations? Do they need to win at Armadale and hope Plymouth win at Workington?

Win at Armadale and get the aggregate point against Oxford, so beat oxford 56-34 (or 55-35 and win the super heat). Would then be tied with workington (assuming they beat plymouth) and would come down to who has scored more points this season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MB723 said:

Win at Armadale and get the aggregate point against Oxford, so beat oxford 56-34 (or 55-35 and win the super heat). Would then be tied with workington (assuming they beat plymouth) and would come down to who has scored more points this season.

Oh, well. Always next season.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, GM95 said:

Will be good to see the Thompson boys around Armadale again, Dan was phenomenal earlier in the season.

An announcement for 2025 as well hopefully.

75% of this years teams aren’t coming back. Can only dream.

Edited by Mr Blobby

37 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

75% of this years teams aren’t coming back. Can only dream.

With Josh focusing on Europe, I’d only have Max and Sedgy back.

Max struggled after his injury but he is a no brainer on a 2.00 imo

Justin has been phenomenal at home and solid away, it’s been great to have him back.

Kye and Paco are great around the dale but poor away and we need a change. I’m not sure either have much improvement on their average.

I think Lasse is better than his average, but I’d only have him back if he fits once we’ve sussed out the rest of our team.

We need a massive shake up for 2025.

Gutted I’m missing this. A lot at stake, so it should hopefully be a good meeting.

Based on the May encounter and Edinburgh utilising the guest facility much more effectively than us, I can’t see past another Monarchs’ win.

What’s the latest with Armadale? Will Edinburgh be there next season?

23 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Gutted I’m missing this. A lot at stake, so it should hopefully be a good meeting.

Based on the May encounter and Edinburgh utilising the guest facility much more effectively than us, I can’t see past another Monarchs’ win.

What’s the latest with Armadale? Will Edinburgh be there next season?

Out of interest who would you have picked to be Glasgow's guests?

4 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Out of interest who would you have picked to be Glasgow's guests?

No idea.

I simply think Edinburgh’s guests are stronger than Glasgow’s. I’m not suggesting Glasgow have made the wrong choice or Edinburgh picked-up the phone quicker; they simply have the advantage of better guests.

2 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

No idea.

I simply think Edinburgh’s guests are stronger than Glasgow’s. I’m not suggesting Glasgow have made the wrong choice or Edinburgh picked-up the phone quicker; they simply have the advantage of better guests.

You have take into account the GSAs each team were replacing:-

Edinburgh Sedgmen( 8.32) with Dan Thompson(7.28), Thomson( 6.86)  with Joe Thompson(5.78) 

Glasgow : Flint(6.82) with Barker(6.32),  Garrad(2.00) with Perry(2.00)  

Statistically, Edinburgh appear to have lost  more potential points than Glasgow, but both sides were both restricted in their guest choices because of availability, & also the 7 day rule, in the case of Edinburgh.

Only other options imo for Edinburgh would have been Kerr & Vuolas for the Thompson twins & also Vuolas for  Barker for Glasgow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1