British Speedway Forum

Workington Comets ☄️ (47) vs Plymouth Gladiators ⚔️ (43) Saturday 7th September 15:00

55 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Cookie probably be missing the rest of the season now, already out of Leicester's play off meetings next week with a dislocated shoulder.

If we are to race Poole on wednesday in the Semi Final guests at Number 1 from the Championship are very limited. Only Kerr and King really, neither of which I'd want.

Guests might have to have to come from the Premiership, either Riss, Rew or Blodorn all fit.

Riss prob be best option imo. 

Edited by lisa-colette

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

Cookie probably be missing the rest of the season now, already out of Leicester's play off meetings next week with a dislocated shoulder.

If we are to race Poole on wednesday in the Semi Final guests at Number 1 from the Championship are very limited. Only Kerr and King really, neither of which I'd want.

Guests might have to have to come from the Premiership, either Riss, Rew or Blodorn all fit.

Why cant we have Harris or Pickering at Poole on Wednesday?

9 minutes ago, 1stbendharry said:

Why cant we have Harris or Pickering at Poole on Wednesday?

Because there averages are higher than Craig’s. We only get the increase at home not away.

1 minute ago, Neila said:

So 3 guests for the Comets, and a guest team manager James Wilson the meteors team manager.  After the tiggers result tonight if comets win its play off time 😄 UTC

Comets are through even if you lose, congratulations, alot of tigers fanswish you well, despite your hatred of us

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

Comets are through even if you lose, congratulations, alot of tigers fanswish you well, despite your hatred of us

Mathematically tiggers can still beat comets to 4th place, but they have to beat Oxford 56-34 and win super heat or win 57-33, comets got to lose and not gain bonus point. So it's not over yet, but the fat lady is about to sing 😜  UTC

8 hours ago, Neila said:

Mathematically tiggers can still beat comets to 4th place, but they have to beat Oxford 56-34 and win super heat or win 57-33, comets got to lose and not gain bonus point. So it's not over yet, but the fat lady is about to sing 😜  UTC

The Comets ☄️ av certainly unearthed some talent this season with Zischke & Vuolas particularly impressing. The Comets ☄️ will have deserved their place in the play offs should they beat Plymouth ⚔️  just a shame they are now running with 3 guests.

Still, looking forward to we Pirates ☠️ taking you on again!

• Like 1

Well, that’s us into the play offs. Certainly shut a few people up.

Picko top class, he should be back next week for me it cookie isn’t fit. Lambert was fantastic and made me eat my words. Paco had a couple bike issues it seemed but was a good guest. 

I’d be looking at getting Jacob Hook at reserve next season if I was the Workington promotion.

1 hour ago, CTD26 said:

Well, that’s us into the play offs. Certainly shut a few people up.

Picko top class, he should be back next week for me it cookie isn’t fit. Lambert was fantastic and made me eat my words. Paco had a couple bike issues it seemed but was a good guest. 

I’d be looking at getting Jacob Hook at reserve next season if I was the Workington promotion.

Assume the 8-day rule still applies so it'll have to be different guests other than Pickering who I think can continue at 1.

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Assume the 8-day rule still applies so it'll have to be different guests other than Pickering who I think can continue at 1.

Yeah we can use Pickering again as it doesn’t apply for number 1’s

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Any idea who is guesting Wednesday?

Your guess is as good as mine 😂 if he fits I would presume Riss. Don’t think King is taking guest booking as he’s struggling with his injury.

• Like 1

Great afternoon of racing against the Gladiators on Saturday, good team performance from the Comets , thanks to all the guests who put a shift in.

Star man for the Plymouth side was Dan Thompson who battled for every point.

The score of 54 -36 might look like a walkover but the racing was close and exciting.

• Like 1