British Speedway Forum

Workington Comets ☄️ (47) vs Plymouth Gladiators ⚔️ (43) Saturday 7th September 15:00

Comets go chasing 3 valuable points in the quest to secure 4th in the table and a play off position. 

Paco Castagna comes in for the injured Tate Zischke with vissing and his guest yet tbc.

Should be another good meeting but expecting the comets to get the business done.

The last league meeting of the season,  if comets win then we are in the play offs (i think) but despite Plymouth looking like a weak side, some of their away performances have been good, could be a close encounter,  so all you comets fans get down to the GT tyres northside arena to cheer the comets to the play offs  UTC  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Neila said:

The last league meeting of the season,  if comets win then we are in the play offs (i think) but despite Plymouth looking like a weak side, some of their away performances have been good, could be a close encounter,  so all you comets fans get down to the GT tyres northside arena to cheer the comets to the play offs  UTC  

Hopefully see you in the play offs, I want to be able to enjoy another Waverley Hotel brekkie! 😉

10 hours ago, lbw said:

They actually are, will av to try the Costa at the Premier Inn coz the Costa in town aven't a clue! 😩

May be able to get a better coffee in the several independent places in worky, and you will be supporting local businesses not a national chain 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neila said:

May be able to get a better coffee in the several independent places in worky, and you will be supporting local businesses not a national chain 

I pull the national chain after I've been in deep thought! 😆

Noticed Cookie withdrew @ Leicester tonight, apparently with a shoulder injury.

If unfit for Saturday, Comets could get Josh Pickering as his GSA of 9.07 would exactly match Craig's with the +5% home meeting enhancement.

Would imagine JP would be sensational round there.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Noticed Cookie withdrew @ Leicester tonight, apparently with a shoulder injury.

If unfit for Saturday, Comets could get Josh Pickering as his GSA of 9.07 would exactly match Craig's with the +5% home meeting enhancement.

Would imagine JP would be sensational round there.

Failing that I would happily have Erik Riss back 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Woke23 said:

Best wishes indeed. We can only hope we csn get a good guest now to get us into the play offs

Pickering would be my first choice. Granted he’s never raced here before, he’d be fantastic and the form he’s in it’s a no brainer.

also tonights result of the monarchs V Glasgow is important  . just hope the edinburgh take the win and Oxford have a good result against Glasgow . the tigers can still gain the 4th place to carry on into the play offs ,,

fingers crossed  BTW Plymouth are an underated team away from home  ..

22 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Pickering would be my first choice. Granted he’s never raced here before, he’d be fantastic and the form he’s in it’s a no brainer.

Yeh I would like to see pickering. He has been great lately, especially in the prem. However, it may be risky with him never riding here before but I suppose he's experienced enough to get used to it quick.

Failing that, erik riss for me. He was great recently for us.

2 hours ago, Woke23 said:

Yeh I would like to see pickering. He has been great lately, especially in the prem. However, it may be risky with him never riding here before but I suppose he's experienced enough to get used to it quick.

Failing that, erik riss for me. He was great recently for us.

Who is Riss riding for these days?

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Who is Riss riding for these days?

Just Oxford in the premiership over here, think his Polish (German) team have finished there season. He’s still doing long track but not sure when the fixtures are for that.

Cookie probably be missing the rest of the season now, already out of Leicester's play off meetings next week with a dislocated shoulder.

If we are to race Poole on wednesday in the Semi Final guests at Number 1 from the Championship are very limited. Only Kerr and King really, neither of which I'd want.

Guests might have to have to come from the Premiership, either Riss, Rew or Blodorn all fit.