British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe Scorpions 🦂 (29) vs (60) Poole Pirates ☠️ (KO Cup semi final 2nd leg) 6th Sept

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I will look out for you in the crowd from the stream. 😂

Don't know if any other Pirates ☠️ are making the trip but I'm ere loud n proud. Not sure where I'm standing yet, will probably be wearing me Lawson hoodie 👍😀

46 minutes ago, Youhave2minutes said:

Spoilt the scorpions home record

Yes we certainly did put an end to it. Now it's time for the Pirates ☠️ to get revenge over Oxford in the Final as they spoilt our home record.

C'MON THE BOYZZZZ ☠️ 

• Like 1

Good win tonight for patched up Pirates. So it’s looking like a Poole V Oxford playoff final and KO Cup final. At least not far to travel. Trouble for us Pirates is the form of Boughen who could seriously help win both for the Cheeters.

Still, there’s been some enjoyable racing this season and we deserve to be there. 

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Good win tonight for patched up Pirates. So it’s looking like a Poole V Oxford playoff final and KO Cup final. At least not far to travel. Trouble for us Pirates is the form of Boughen who could seriously help win both for the Cheeters.

Still, there’s been some enjoyable racing this season and we deserve to be there. 

Steve u will never change, just like u never change yer undies! 😂

8 minutes ago, OldtimerRay said:

Well done the Pirates, in a different class, Scunny lacking a true no 1 and the sooner Ablitt is dropped the better.

Ablitt has had a good season & upped his average as the "senior" reserve. Yes he was poor, but one poor match doesn't mean he should automatically be dropped.

• Like 3

Well done Pirates, your four heat leaders just so strong. I suggest whoever is tuning the Pirates engines the Scorpions seek out and use their services. On several occasions we were doing the hard work to gain advantage  on the bends, just for the Pirates to breeze past on the straights.  A lacklustre performance by the Scorpions and maybe the kick up the backside they needed before the Oxford encounters. 

9 hours ago, OldtimerRay said:

Well done the Pirates, in a different class, Scunny lacking a true no 1 and the sooner Ablitt is dropped the better.

One of the most improved riders in the whole league. An absurd suggestion.

• Like 1