British Speedway Forum

Torun GP Saturday 28th September

Watched the replay this evening, a brilliant GP.

GB having two riders in the top four and current world cup champs - a great year for the Brits.

On a side note, is anyone else struggling to view this new forum layout on an iPhone? Very rarely loads on safari for me. Works fine on windows on PC and laptop but a waste of time on phone.

11 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Watched the replay this evening, a brilliant GP.

GB having two riders in the top four and current world cup champs - a great year for the Brits.

On a side note, is anyone else struggling to view this new forum layout on an iPhone? Very rarely loads on safari for me. Works fine on windows on PC and laptop but a waste of time on phone.

I’ve no problems viewing on my I phone.Dont like some of the changes but no problem loading.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I’ve no problems viewing on my I phone.Dont like some of the changes but no problem loading.

No idea what the issue is... all software is up to date on it and phones in perfectly good health, everything else seems to work fine besides viewing this forum on it.

On 9/29/2024 at 4:14 PM, Pinny said:

No idea what the issue is... all software is up to date on it and phones in perfectly good health, everything else seems to work fine besides viewing this forum on it.

Strange one .maybe your blacklisted and banned 😂😂🤔

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Strange one .maybe your blacklisted and banned 😂😂🤔

😂

The amount of ads on here these days is staggering. 

Mmmm Bartosz is good there’s no doubt about that, and if he continues will join one of the greats such as Fundin Mauger Rickardsson. IMO Fundin is the “GOAT” due to his consistency of World Final appearances throughout his career. Mauger won more finals, but not as consistently as Fundin. These young lads such as Hancock et al Aren’t old enough to remember these riders who rode in one off finals, with a tortuous path of one off qualifiers to get there. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Mmmm Bartosz is good there’s no doubt about that, and if he continues will join one of the greats such as Fundin Mauger Rickardsson. IMO Fundin is the “GOAT” due to his consistency of World Final appearances throughout his career. Mauger won more finals, but not as consistently as Fundin. These young lads such as Hancock et al Aren’t old enough to remember these riders who rode in one off finals, with a tortuous path of one off qualifiers to get there. 

Five titles in six years ( seems extemelly consistent to me ) now the same number of W/titles  as Fundin ,think he is already one of the greats  IMO he is  the GOAT !

I remember when Rickardsson got his 6th, people on here were saying that he would never have won 6 world titles back in the 70's and 80's. And he could of gone on to win more, he was still a top top performer when he decided he had enough and walked away from the sport, same as Schumacher in F1.

Zmarzlik could go on to win another 2 or 3 titles easily. It's hard to say whether he would have done in a different era. The fitness and diet levels these days are on another level, same as machinery so who knows how good the old school would of been with the current standards. What is certain though is that in the current generation, Zmarzlik is by far and away the best in the world.

It's quite likely that Zmarzlik wouldn't have 5 in the locker if Artem and Emil weren't banned. As things stand, he could easily get to 10 unless someone ups their game considerably. I just can't see where the challenge is going to come from at the moment...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BluTiger said:

It's quite likely that Zmarzlik wouldn't have 5 in the locker if Artem and Emil weren't banned. As things stand, he could easily get to 10 unless someone ups their game considerably. I just can't see where the challenge is going to come from at the moment...

His name is Artem Grigoryevich Laguta

7 hours ago, gjcone44 said:

thats his brother

wasn't his brother Grigoryevich Artem Laguta? Or were they the same person? Have they ever been seen together? 😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Grigory Laguta is another rider who should have been in the GP series.

He was consistently one of the best riders in the Ekstraliga, but he kept getting overlooked for a wild card.

You mean he kept getting baked 🚬