British Speedway Forum

Plymouth 2025

On 9/4/2024 at 4:59 PM, Happy Hunter said:

My first two signings would be the Thompson twins. Ben Barker is not the rider he was!

Of course Barker isn't the rider he used to be, that's why he'd be available as a 6 point second string not a 9+ heat leader.

I've never understood that argument, if you had to sign him on his old average, of course you'd be like "that's a mistake he's not the rider he was" but the way averages & team building works, Barker can still do something in the middle of the team.

I'd try & get the 3 mentioned plus Bowtell back.

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Of course Barker isn't the rider he used to be, that's why he'd be available as a 6 point second string not a 9+ heat leader.

I've never understood that argument, if you had to sign him on his old average, of course you'd be like "that's a mistake he's not the rider he was" but the way averages & team building works, Barker can still do something in the middle of the team.

I'd try & get the 3 mentioned plus Bowtell back.

The Thompson twins will be the main priority I'm sure, but I fear for Plymouth they'll probably end up at one of the league's money clubs.

3 hours ago, paulboy said:

The Thompson twins will be the main priority I'm sure, but I fear for Plymouth they'll probably end up at one of the league's money clubs.

Would love them at Glasgow, but would they like the travel

4 hours ago, Weeyin said:

Would love them at Glasgow, but would they like the travel

Where are they based? Though Dan's GSA is 7.55 and if the points limit is 38, perish the thought, that along with Chris takes care of nearly 17 points and could leave us with a team structure just like this year. 

1 hour ago, Beirao said:

Where are they based? Though Dan's GSA is 7.55 and if the points limit is 38, perish the thought, that along with Chris takes care of nearly 17 points and could leave us with a team structure just like this year. 

Pretty sure Joe n Dan are based around the Nuneaton area. Midlands basically 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Dan Thompson has a dangerous average for anybody to fit him into a side , not withstanding the excellent year he has had

Think he could put a point on his average & be one of the top men in the league, average shouldn't put anyone off.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Dan Thompson has a dangerous average for anybody to fit him into a side , not withstanding the excellent year he has had

Dan looks as though he still has improvement left in him.Whereas most of the riders around his average are “journeymen” these days.Would rather take the chance with him.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2