British Speedway Forum

Poole 2025

38 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I can believe that. Think you'll have more teams wanting higher points limit this winter to get a majority. Imo can add Redcar, Oxford and Worky to Poole and Glasgow. 

Still waiting for Godfrey to sign his team for 2025 then we'll find out what the limit is. I'm guessing they're waiting to see if Duggy is staying with Poznan 

Edited by Cast1rn

1 hour ago, lewy said:

To sign a rider with the highest average in the league does make you wonder if danny boy is party to inside information regarding next seasons team building average. Gives them headstart in assembling the team for next year. 

All promoters know what the team building options are and what has been discussed so far. I've heard everything from 36 to 40 points so it'll all come down to the AGM vote.

The BSPL/Phil Morris plan for this 2024 season was to create more of a gap between Prem and Champ leagues. Not sure that has actually happened aside from a few 'big name' riders in the Prem - some successful, some clearly not!

So will he attempt to make the gap even greater? If so let's hope its by increasing the team limit in the Prem rather than reducing it for Championship teams!! Assuming of course that all clubs can afford the options.

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, lewy said:

To sign a rider with the highest average in the league does make you wonder if danny boy is party to inside information regarding next seasons team building average. Gives them headstart in assembling the team for next year. 

There is a popular rumour going round that two teams from the top league are wanting to go into the Championship next season  and two teams will be promoted from the  championship upto the top league as they require a minimum of 6 sides in the top league . Could this be Poole ???

15 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

There is a popular rumour going round that two teams from the top league are wanting to go into the Championship next season  and two teams will be promoted from the  championship upto the top league as they require a minimum of 6 sides in the top league . Could this be Poole ???

Poole staying Championship if Dan Ford's comments to the crowd at yesterday's Lawson Testimonial are anything to go by.

I would think Birmingham would prefer Championship but currently they are restricted to Monday racing. And possibly they may not run at all if the dogs move away from Perry Barr.

Possibly King's Lynn would prefer Championship after recent seasons experience.

Edited by Skidder1

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole staying Championship if Dan Ford's comments to the crowd at yesterday's Lawson Testimonial are anything to go by.

I would think Birmingham would prefer Championship but currently they are restricted to Monday racing. And possibly they may not run at all if the dogs move away from Perry Barr.

You do like think you know what everyone else is thinking 📡

13 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The other team could be Oxford as maybe they not want to do all 3 next season and go back to Champ and NL? 

16 hours ago, tigger63 said:

william cairns to poole.   on his 16th birthday.

Can't see this happening,  as not 16 till late July, when most of the season is nearly over, and deadline for signing may have passed, can see young William doing guest bookings,  then sign for a team full time in 2026. He has been at worky with Greg Hancock a couple of times, maybe worky in with a shout of signing the kid 😛

20 minutes ago, lewy said:

You don't know anymore than  anybody else on here but you think you do and get a little h**d on and it makes you think your in the know. 

Jealousy is such an ugly trait, it can drive you to distraction, when you should really keep your eyes on the road, and your ear to the ground.😜

10 minutes ago, lewy said:

What exactly am I supposed to be jealous of? 

I don't think I know! Apparently I'm not supposed to think I know! Why don't you check with who you know to see if anything I've said is known or agreed by others. Simples.😇😜

Ps. What do you think you know about Poole 2025, as this is the thread topic?!

Edited by Skidder1

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I don't think I know! Apparently I'm not supposed to think I know! Why don't you check with who you know to see if anything I've said is known or agreed by others. Simples.😇😜

Ps. What do you think you know about Poole 2025, as this is the thread topic?!

I know nothing, don't pretend to either