British Speedway Forum

Poole 2025

41 minutes ago, SteveLyric2 said:

Nowhere did it say 'deliberate'!! Since I posted, a couple of fans there supporting Vinnie have used exactly that 'took him out' phraseology on Facebook. Quite usual when the culprit is excluded.

You would not be getting this much stick if he wasnt an Oxford rider. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveLyric2 said:

Nowhere did it say 'deliberate'!! Since I posted, a couple of fans there supporting Vinnie have used exactly that 'took him out' phraseology on Facebook. Quite usual when the culprit is excluded.

I think you should look up what 'take him out' means. 

Wait, I'll do it for you. According to the Collins English Dictionary is means 'to kill, destroy or maim'. Does it really need to the word deliberate to go with it? 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

I think you should look up what 'take him out' means. 

Wait, I'll do it for you. According to the Collins English Dictionary is means 'to kill, destroy or maim'. Does it really need to the word deliberate to go with it? 

That's a different context though. When anyone says 'he took him out' in relation to speedway they don't mean that, as well you know. More like they mean they rode into the side of someone or squeezed them against the fence, took their line etc. There you go a sport definition rather than you twisting words to mean something else. 

take someone out

1. tv. to block someone, as in a football game.

www.thefreedictionary.com

Edited by LisaColette

2 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

He's good at those.

It's a forum ffs!! Flippant remarks all over the place!! I wouldn't have said anything if it didn't involve a Poole rider. (Oops a bit of a giveaway there) See another flippant remark!!😇

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LisaColette said:

That's a different context though. When anyone says 'he took him out' in relation to speedway they don't mean that, as well you know. More like they mean they rode into the side of someone or squeezed them against the fence, took their line etc. There you go a sport definition rather than you twisting words to mean something else. 

take someone out

1. tv. to block someone, as in a football game.

www.thefreedictionary.com

If you want to go down the context route, how about this..... Killeen didn't take him out in the first place! Maybe Mr 'acts like he went to the meeting, but was actually sat at home' shouldn't say things that aren't true. He's got a new name, but it's the same old nonsense.

Edited by BackInTheDHSS

36 minutes ago, SteveLyric2 said:

It's a forum ffs!! Flippant remarks all over the place!! I wouldn't have said anything if it didn't involve a Poole rider. (Oops a bit of a giveaway there) See another flippant remark!!😇

If he replaces Vinnie Foord, then Poole will save a small fortune in air fences. Good business.

Although the be fair, Foord did look significantly quicker than Cairns yesterday. No doubt Cairns has potential, but Foord's going to score more points (if he stays on his bike).

Edited by BackInTheDHSS
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

If he replaces Vinnie Foord, then Poole will save a small fortune in air fences. Good business.

Although the be fair, Foord did look significantly quicker than Cairns yesterday. No doubt Cairns has potential, but Foord's going to score more points (if he stays on his bike).

Vinnie rarely troubles the airfence, he usually finds the ruts, bumps etc. mid track! BTW why would Will replace Vinnie?

13 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

That’s true. In the 10 heats he’s been in at Oxford this year he’s only fallen off 5 times. And only once did that result in a destroyed air fence.

50% falling off rate, 20% air fence destruction. 

Very flippant.😝

• Haha 1

• Just posted this on Scunthorpe page.
  34 minutes ago, SteveLyric2 said:

So Scunny let Ablitt go for 2025!!!

If true I wonder where he be heading for 2025 ??.

Added over 2 points to his av in 2024 and still has improvement. 

Perhaps his knowledge and season at a certain Southern Track could come into play in the team building for 2025??  A 4.91 GSA taking off the 2.5% Brit discount not bad for a young Brit with potential. Could add another point plus to this in 2025 with Poole as his home track, considering his previous years experience plus riding for Scunthorpe down there in finals/semi's the last 2 seasons.

14 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:
  • Just posted this on Scunthorpe page.
  34 minutes ago, SteveLyric2 said:

So Scunny let Ablitt go for 2025!!!

If true I wonder where he be heading for 2025 ??.

Added over 2 points to his av in 2024 and still has improvement. 

Perhaps his knowledge and season at a certain Southern Track could come into play in the team building for 2025??  A 4.91 GSA taking off the 2.5% Brit discount not bad for a young Brit with potential. Could add another point plus to this in 2025 with Poole as his home track, considering his previous years experience plus riding for Scunthorpe down there in finals/semi's the last 2 seasons.

It's on socials by Nathan himself. He's waiting for the phone to ring!!

31 minutes ago, SteveLyric2 said:

It's on socials by Nathan himself. He's waiting for the phone to ring!!

Maybe not Poole then as the Ford's normally have their A, B and even C idea of a team well before the AGM based on what is voted on team points limit and rider availability.

On that score when do we start playing the name the team for next season game for 2025. We know Lawson signed and there were rumours posted of Rowe/Howarth and Vinnie as well as Zach Cook, plus rumours of Cairns signing, but that will be after 30/6 unless the powers that be tweak the min age rules. But things have gone quiet for a while on the subject.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
Typos