British Speedway Forum

Poole 2025

1 hour ago, DJC said:

There is a huge Newman shaped gap at no 2 with 5.37 left.

Mikkel B Andersen is some name to throw out. DIdn't he ride for Wroclaw this season?

Newman and Starke together in a Poole side, like its 2015

Andersen rode 2 matches for Wroclaw in POL EXL -  7 rides 1.143 points per ride. Most of his rides were in the POL U24 league against most of the promising young Poles/Danes/Swedes/Czech riders. He was even higher than the likes of Rowe and all the other UK/Aussie young guys except Rew who is 5 years older.

Anyway highly unlikely that such a class talent will ride in Champ.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
typo

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Hagon's GSA with Brit discount is 4.73. If we keep Vinnie (which hope we do) I fear we may see a lot more of Hagon's second half season form as is as capable of being half a lap behind more than his occasional heat win.

I would love to see the Ford's convince young Mikkel Andersen over to UK. Was 16 in April - Won SGP3 in 2022 - was 3rd in 2023 and finished 4th in the 500 cc SGP2 series in 2024. Was 18th in his inaugural  POL U24 season considering he was only 16 in April from 9 meetings with a 2.02 per ride av from 44 rides. If we think Cairns has a future then this guys form indicates he is going the right way.

Wouldn't be easy prising him away from the Danish Wed meetings Lge, but would be a hell of a coup on a 5 GSA just 0.27 above Hagon and probably in a different League talent wise at only 16.

I think with Hagon it was just his confidence that had his scoring come to a halt, at the start of the season he was sensational for Poole, beating heat leaders, and passing riders with ease and was spectacular on the outside line at Poole. His early season form was enough for me to hope he is included in the side next season. 

2 hours ago, DJC said:

There is a huge Newman shaped gap at no 2 with 5.37 left.

Mikkel B Andersen is some name to throw out. DIdn't he ride for Wroclaw this season?

Newman and Starke together in a Poole side, like its 2015

Big fan of Kyle but there are better upcoming riders on an average less than his overly high average 

18 minutes ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

I think with Hagon it was just his confidence that had his scoring come to a halt, at the start of the season he was sensational for Poole, beating heat leaders, and passing riders with ease and was spectacular on the outside line at Poole. His early season form was enough for me to hope he is included in the side next season. 

Sam's fall in form was quite pronounced and has continued over a fair period now. A winter in Aus may restore matters, whatever the issue is I think it's in his head and I'm sure he would disagree which is a problem. On balance I feel that he's a gamble.