British Speedway Forum

Poole 2025

13 hours ago, j2ohh said:

hope the 2 point rider jas a great season and

looks forward to being dropped  !   cant see  any 2 pointers taking up that idea .

Look at this season's riders, if Poole had dropped Perry for Cairns, there wouldn't be many complaints, but if Foord got dropped for Cairns after putting 2 points on his average, would've been very unfair on Vinnie & could expect deserved backlash from fans.

Best solution would be signing 2 x 2.00 riders & telling them the strongest rider won't get dropped.

For sure if I was a 2.00 rider, Poole would be my last choice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Look at this season's riders, if Poole had dropped Perry for Cairns, there wouldn't be many complaints, but if Foord got dropped for Cairns after putting 2 points on his average, would've been very unfair on Vinnie & could expect deserved backlash from fans.

Best solution would be signing 2 x 2.00 riders & telling them the strongest rider won't get dropped.

For sure if I was a 2.00 rider, Poole would be my last choice.

It depends how long the deal is offered to Will!!! it's not a 6 month deal! 

14 hours ago, SteveLyric2 said:

So BSN's comms duo Brannen and Schlein reckon there were some of next season's Pirate riders around helping in the Poole pits tonite!!!

Do we know which riders were in the pits outside of the 2 teams and Jenkins?

1 hour ago, Hilly said:

Do we know which riders were in the pits outside of the 2 teams and Jenkins?

Laguta was coaching Vinnie Foord, while Emil and Lindgren were in Tobias’s ear. Other than that nothing to see.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, SteveLyric2 said:

Cairns off to hospital after Killeen takes him out in the U.19s at Oxford today. Meeting abandoned after heat 16 due to track conditions!!

Greg Hancock assisting Cairns today.

Not good. What’s up with track. Was brilliant yesterday.

Edited by Youhave2minutes

54 minutes ago, Youhave2minutes said:

Not good. What’s up with track. Was brilliant yesterday.

Rain. Fastest time 61 secs. Time for ht 16 rerun over 71 secs, think that gives you a clue.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Laguta was coaching Vinnie Foord, while Emil and Lindgren were in Tobias’s ear. Other than that nothing to see.

You won't win anything with those guys :)

• Haha 1

Ron's words:

"with the drizzle possibly getting worse and making track conditions tricky Will Cairns & Luke Killeen were level round the first bend but Will got slightly ahead of Luke and then out of nowhere Jody Scott went steaming past both of them on the back straight and led into the old pits bend Will looked to move over to the dirt line just as Luke decided to do the same and unfortunately clipped Will’s back wheel and young Will crashed heavily into the fence whilst Luke seemed to be hanging off the back of his machine almost like a rag doll before hitting the air fence whilst his machine kept going for another 20-30 yards into the 3rd turn and demolishing several air panels, it looked horrendous and you could hear the shrieks and screams of the fans not believing what they had witnessed. Will Cairns was down on the track for a long time and then the ambulance appeared and eventually he was carried on a stretcher and placed into the back of the ambulance to then head off to the JR Hospital. The fence was repaired and Jody did win the the rerun in a time of 71 seconds, a good 10 seconds slower than the average so something had to be sorted with the worsening conditions."

I think that's a fair description.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SteveLyric2 said:

No not there, just reporting from Speedway Updates. Killeen excluded.

4 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Ron's words:

"with the drizzle possibly getting worse and making track conditions tricky Will Cairns & Luke Killeen were level round the first bend but Will got slightly ahead of Luke and then out of nowhere Jody Scott went steaming past both of them on the back straight and led into the old pits bend Will looked to move over to the dirt line just as Luke decided to do the same and unfortunately clipped Will’s back wheel and young Will crashed heavily into the fence whilst Luke seemed to be hanging off the back of his machine almost like a rag doll before hitting the air fence whilst his machine kept going for another 20-30 yards into the 3rd turn and demolishing several air panels, it looked horrendous and you could hear the shrieks and screams of the fans not believing what they had witnessed. Will Cairns was down on the track for a long time and then the ambulance appeared and eventually he was carried on a stretcher and placed into the back of the ambulance to then head off to the JR Hospital. The fence was repaired and Jody did win the the rerun in a time of 71 seconds, a good 10 seconds slower than the average so something had to be sorted with the worsening conditions."

I think that's a fair description.

But, but, but..... someone who got his facts from Speedway Updates says Killeen took him out. He's surely the one that's right, and not all the people that were there and witnessed the incident? 🤦‍♂️

Edited by BackInTheDHSS
  • Like 1

I did the texting from the track and nowhere does it say Killeen took him out. Ron’s version is close to my own. Cairns moved out just as Killeen arrived on the outside. It was a racing incident. Cairns was in front so ref excluded Killeen could easily have gone the other way to me but I only saw it once when live.