British Speedway Forum

Poole 2025

Seems to me that picking a team with a set max value is basically the same as "Fantasy" team games, where you need to select riders who will give good value per average point. So with that in mind the riders who I would like to be targeted for next season pirates are:-

(note averages are approximate) 

Dan Thompson, (7.55)

Anders Rowe, (6.5)

Luke Killeen, (3.95)

Paul Starke, (3.5)

Maybe not everyone's first choice but there you go. Vinnie for me while high entertaining to watch race doesn't represent good value to me with an average of around 4.

1 hour ago, Bitza said:

Seems to me that picking a team with a set max value is basically the same as "Fantasy" team games, where you need to select riders who will give good value per average point. So with that in mind the riders who I would like to be targeted for next season pirates are:-

Dan Thompson, (7.55)

Anders Rowe, (6.5)

Luke Killeen, (3.95)

Paul Starke, (3.5)

Maybe not everyone's first choice but there you go. Vinnie for me while high entertaining to watch race doesn't represent good value to me with an average of around 4.

Think I would rather have the Entertainment value of Vinnie,than watchin Paul who will still be 3.5 at the end of the seaso no doubt.

1 hour ago, Bitza said:

Dan Thompson, (7.55)

Anders Rowe, (6.5)

Luke Killeen, (3.95)

Paul Starke, (3.5)

My Fantasy teams got slaughtered by rain offs and injuries. My worst season ever.😁

9 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Looking at getting the age reduced to 15 for all teams going forward. If not it will be end of June before he can ride in the Championship. Bit daft as he can ride NDL at 15 in UK for Belle Vue.

I don't think it's daft at all, allows riders to race on 500cc machines at a competitive level at 15, without the pressures of the higher leagues.

Don't forget he'll still be at School too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SpeedwaySlider72 said:

Which 2 pointer will sign for Poole knowing they will be shunted out in June?

You'd imagine the best 2.00 riders would avoid the team Cairns has signed for, so if that's Poole - they may have to start with the weakest rider in the league?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Think I would rather have the Entertainment value of Vinnie,than watchin Paul who will still be 3.5 at the end of the seaso no doubt.

I can see where you are coming from, but two things first I think Paul may well flourish, and the second is that Vinnie seems to be on the ragged edge alot of the time (great to watch) but how much more he has to give I question. There is also the question of what number you would have him, because at an average of nigh on 4 that is likely to be No2, a bit different to being No7 don't you think?