British Speedway Forum

Poole 2025

Zack Cook and Lawson is nailed on imo. Ben Cook and Tom Brennan top flight, Poland and Sweden, so gone. Would consider Vinnie Ford. Would like Anders Rowe and Dan Thompson. Plus a new Continental rider.

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Zack Cook and Lawson is nailed on imo. Ben Cook and Tom Brennan top flight, Poland and Sweden, so gone. Would consider Vinnie Ford. Would like Anders Rowe and Dan Thompson. Plus a new Continental rider.

Don't think Brennan will be back, but not so sure about Ben, depends on the points limit i would think 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Think I would try and get Boughen, he only going to get better and better. Although I would expect him to stay at Oxford. 

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

Don't think Brennan will be back, but not so sure about Ben, depends on the points limit i would think 

If Ben has Poland and Sweden think he will drop Championship. 

4 hours ago, tigger63 said:

william cairns to poole.   on his 16th birthday.

Hope that is true. I've seen that kid ride and he is something else. But whoever signs him can't use him until mid July when  his birthday is. Gonna be close to clubs avin ridden 75% of their meetings and unable to make changes. That's if that rule is implemented.

Will be interesting to see how meetings are arranged around that time, only saying I mean it's not like us Pirates to be raising the eyebrows! 😀

Anyways both Vinnie & Sonny were leading him at Leicester until the crash so Vinnie is more than capable.

How about Poole running an NDL team in 2025? Or will they continue their policy of plucking young riders from the NDL whenever it suits them, despite making no contribution to the league themselves, effectively sponging off the efforts of others?

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Chairboy said:

How about Poole running an NDL team in 2025? Or will they continue their policy of plucking young riders from the NDL whenever it suits them, despite making no contribution to the league themselves, effectively sponging off the efforts of others?

I think a lot of it is to do with access to the stadium, the current lease holders don't want speedway there 

37 minutes ago, Chairboy said:

NDL not financially viable at Poole, they tried with the Bournemouth Buccaneers.

Considering there are only 6 teams in the NDL you are bang out of order aiming your angst against a very professionally run club.

And Leicester, who have the most successful NDL team, can't use those riders as they don't have a Championship team and ironically use a Poole rider as their rising star in the Premiership.

So behave!

Edited by lbw
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, lbw said:

NDL not financially viable at Poole, they tried with the Bournemouth Buccaneers.

Considering there are only 6 teams in the NDL you are bang out of order aiming your angst against a very professionally run club.

Thanks for exactly the kind of response I was expecting.

Cairns could very well be at Poole from Mid-July and someone else doing the meetings up to that point, worth doing it to get him at Poole with his talent!

With Richard arriving on his high average would mean Tom or Ben not both which reading between the lines, Ben will be doing Premiership, Poland and Sweden instead during 2025.

Even assuming the team building points limit stays at 38 points (and that remains in some doubt according to some rumours), Poole will have to lose nearly 9 points off their current team average!! With Lawson already signed on around 9.4 ish (Brit 2.5% reduction), then that leaves a mere 28.5 points left for 6 riders - assuming we stay with 7 rider teams?!!!!