British Speedway Forum

GLASGOW V OXFORD ....... SUNDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER 5PM START,

The joy of day meetings! 

Edit - also don't live near a stadium then if you don't like it. It is only for a couple of hours a week. Also I'd say parking around schools is worse imo to what she has described. 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I thought you can use a tactical in a rider replacement ride.  I’ve looked at the rules on the SCB website and it confirms you can 

who was the referee at Glasgow today ? 

In the grand scheme of things it isn’t really a big deal.

In a meeting that matters it then becomes more of an issue .

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Well the seasons finished. Suppose we have to remember when this would've been classed as a good season and be grateful! Some of the racing been very good this season so can console myself been entertained at least!

I’m just back today and I was too late to make it.

My season finished with Edinburgh at home a record I hope is not repeated.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I thought you can use a tactical in a rider replacement ride.  I’ve looked at the rules on the SCB website and it confirms you can 

Garry May done it using Dan Thomson I believe against Worky yesterday.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

You can, if it's about heat 5 being stopped before it started the ref wanted clarification on if Scott was out as a tac sub or r/r, not that Scott couldn't be out as a tac sub.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A very down to earth interview from Leon at the end although unfairly asked if he'd like to come back next year. Most of the riders know they won't be returning and its unfortunate to put any rider in that position in front of a microphone IMO.

Still all quiet on next year, can it really be 38 points again!

all quiet on next year, can it really be 38 points again!

Heard 37 points been mentioned,  which is a joke, this year a lot of middle order riders have an inflated average,  don't know how they are to fit into 37 or 38 point limit 

• Like 1

Quality racing has compensated for a disappointing season at Ashfield in 2024. Heats thirteen and fifteen this evening were of the absolute highest standard and wouldn’t have looked out of place in Riga last night.

Absolutely remarkable that Ashton Boughen only turned seventeen around two or three weeks ago. World champion material.

Hopefully Glasgow begin planning for 2025 quickly. I know the points limit is TBC, but retaining Harris isn’t just critical; it’s essential.

Regarding the other eight riders (including Starke and Pijper), I wouldn’t be disappointed to see them move on. Pearson, I’d entertain the return of at a push, but the rest have flattered to deceive, big time.

Looking forward to the play-offs on BSN, but gutted I’ll have no vested interest. Last season was incredible.

2 minutes ago, KIRKYLANE said:

Impressed with Ashley Boughenâ€Ĥit must be his best away performance in this league.

He is definitely a rider with great potential 

Ashton! (assuming predictive text) and also his best away score would have been the other night when he got a max!

1 hour ago, MD said:

A very down to earth interview from Leon at the end although unfairly asked if he'd like to come back next year. Most of the riders know they won't be returning and its unfortunate to put any rider in that position in front of a microphone IMO.

Still all quiet on next year, can it really be 38 points again!

What did Leon have too say.