British Speedway Forum

GLASGOW V OXFORD ....... SUNDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER 5PM START,

In the highly unlikely event of Glasgow taking 3 points from both the meetings at Armadale and Ashfield this weekend, resulting in both teams having 22 league points, how I'd the fourth place decided? Race points, head to head results, or some other tie break method? 

31 minutes ago, Beirao said:

In the highly unlikely event of Glasgow taking 3 points from both the meetings at Armadale and Ashfield this weekend, resulting in both teams having 22 league points, how I'd the fourth place decided? Race points, head to head results, or some other tie break method? 

I think it's points difference, but that's off the top of my head.

1 hour ago, Beirao said:

Difference between points for and against which I think favours Glasgow

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Does it? Harris was saying you would have to beat Oxford by a lot which you would think favours Worky. 

I meant more the point difference tiebreaker suits Glasgow as they are already leading that. To even get to that stage Glasgow need the aggregate point against Oxford which is why they need to win by a lot. Need to beat Oxford by 21 points (or 20 and win the super heat) and also win at Edinburgh. 

Edited by MB723
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MB723 said:

I meant more the point difference tiebreaker suits Glasgow as they are already leading that. To even get to that stage Glasgow need the aggregate point against Oxford which is why they need to win by a lot. Need to beat Oxford by 21 points (or 20 and win the super heat) and also win at Edinburgh. 

Ah okay thanks, wasn't sure if the win against Oxford was to do with the points difference. Which from what you are saying it isn't.

He didn't sound too confident about it in the interview 😉 Although at Edinburgh I guess a lot is going to depend on what guests they have. 

• Like 1